• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please sign to help save Millie's life - Royal Lancaster Infirmary must STOP causing Millie harm

BrightCandle

The NICE guidelines have failed, they are unusable and haven't changed the doctors one bit. They are going to kill this poor girl and its going to be another set of coroners hearings delayed for years because no one wants to deal with a clear manslaughter. I have no idea how to help Millie, doctors seem to be a law unto themselves with zero oversight free to abuse whoever they choose.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Its so hard to read. Thanks for keeping us Up to Date.

Edit: because i am so sorry for her and i dont know what to do i wrote an email. i didnt mention her name for safety measures. I just wrote about royal lancester infirmary.

View attachment 53698

Sidenote: english isn't my mother tongue so i hope this works out.
I would skip the why do you abuse me/cfs patients lines, that is just going to make them lash out as they think they are doing god's work.
The explanation that what they are doing is discredited however is exactly what they need to hear over and over and over again.

These crazies like to claim they are subject to nonstop abuse, thus i deal in scientific knowledge, imagine they attempt to use your letter to "prove" they are being abused. If it only contains scientific truths then their attempting to weaponize it would backfire, while using the personal attacks makes them look like the victims and you the problem.

Of course i understand wanting to tell them to go to hell, it doesn't work though. A lesson i have learned the hard way.

Alvin2

The NICE guidelines have failed, they are unusable and haven't changed the doctors one bit. They are going to kill this poor girl and its going to be another set of coroners hearings delayed for years because no one wants to deal with a clear manslaughter. I have no idea how to help Millie, doctors seem to be a law unto themselves with zero oversight free to abuse whoever they choose.
This is why the legal system and the media are needed. I am glad this story is now in a mainstream publication. I hope someone who knows someone gets it covered by the BBC. These people are not interested in learning, they are determined to use force and lies to murder an innocent patient.

Pressure campaigns on multiple fronts are needed. I wish we could organize an in person protest as well.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I would skip the why do you abuse me/cfs patients lines, that is just going to make them lash out as they think they are doing god's work.
The explanation that what they are doing is discredited however is exactly what they need to hear over and over and over again.

These crazies like to claim they are subject to nonstop abuse, thus i deal in scientific knowledge, imagine they attempt to use your letter to "prove" they are being abused. If it only contains scientific truths then their attempting to weaponize it would backfire, while using the personal attacks makes them look like the victims and you the problem.

Of course i understand wanting to tell them to go to hell, it doesn't work though. A lesson i have learned the hard way.
Good Point man.

Yeah sorry i didnt realize that could make Things worse its Just how i View it.

Its clearly abusive behaviour, medicinal malpractice and an criminal act upon this poor girl.

Alvin2

Good Point man.

Yeah sorry i didnt realize that could make Things worse its Just how i View it.

Its clearly abusive behaviour, medicinal malpractice and an criminal act upon this poor girl.
No worries, i very much understand what you want to accomplish and i agree with your goal.

Do feel free to send something, it might help, especially if they are sent many letters. Just stick to the facts and explain that you want them to do better is my advice.

Countrygirl

The situation is now dire.........so angry! This is more than 'just' medical ignorance and arrogance. These people are surely sadists?