• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plasma Volume Testing

Galixie

Does anyone know where it is still possible to get blood volume (plasma volume) tested in the US? I'd be willing to travel, but would prefer to find something nearby. I'm in Washington state.

Galixie

According to the internet, Daxor has a blood volume testing method, but I can't seem to figure out where any labs that offer it are located. I tried emailing the company almost a month ago to ask, and never got any response. :(

@Galixie , I gathered from titbits here and there on forums that Daxor never gained much of a foothold.

There’s a new piece of equipment just approved last year for medical use. I don’t know whether anyone in the US has bought a medical version yet, but perhaps you could email the company and ask.

The company is called Detalo Health.

I know that the non-medical version (for studies, sports science) has been used in some dysautonomia studies in the US.

The measurement technique is called CO2 rebreathing.

(Also NASA has one at the Johnson Space Center!)