• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parkinson's linked to appendix.. what about CFS?

HRManager

"Deal with it"
I just read the attached article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...in-appendix-study-finds/ar-BBPcOwX?li=BBnb4R7

Having an appendectomy is GOOD news for parkinsons. But what about other conditions linked to the gut?

It made me think. I had my appendix removed in 2005 after acute appendicitis. My fibromyalgia symptoms became extreme in 2011-2012 and CFS joined the bandwagon in 2013.

How many of you have had your appendix removed? Was it before or after your symptoms started?

Deepwater

I just read the attached article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...in-appendix-study-finds/ar-BBPcOwX?li=BBnb4R7

Having an appendectomy is GOOD news for parkinsons. But what about other conditions linked to the gut?

It made me think. I had my appendix removed in 2005 after acute appendicitis. My fibromyalgia symptoms became extreme in 2011-2012 and CFS joined the bandwagon in 2013.

How many of you have had your appendix removed? Was it before or after your symptoms started?

I had my appendix removed aged 18, four years before contracting glandular fever, which was what started my problems.

Wolfcub

No I still have my appendix and never had a problem with it.
It's said the appendix isn't needed and is "outdated"
?
I think it has to be there for a reason. I bet it has something to do with balancing the gut flora.....but that's just my own imagination. I don't know.