• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ok to take these 4 antibiotics long term given my methylation genes?

Hi guys so I have Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia and am going to start on these antibiotics soon:

Zithromax
Minocycline
Tinidazole
Bactrim OR Rifampin
[and Mepron for Babesia but its not an antibiotic]

Since I'm going to be on these long term I was wondering if anyone thinks I should avoid one or more, or watch out for anything in particular or just any other issues given my methylation/etc genetics. I attached some genetics reports. Thanks!

Attachments

• genetic genie ryan.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 5
  • NUTRAHACKER GENE REPORT.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Bactrim works on bacteria by effecting its folate metabolism but unsure if it effects healthy cells in any way with folate. I use bactrim alot and take methylfolate just in case.

I also thought bactrim works on babesia also???

Hanna

I took Zithromax, Minocycline and Tinidazole without problem. But had an allergic reaction to Bactrim. With this one, it may be the Russian roulette and you have to watch after sudden skin change very seriously (they generally began with eyes/lips and face) and stop immediately if you see something weird/ strange irritation (dixit hubby who is a dermatologist).