• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH meeting follow up: Let’s drop the “CFS” from ME / CFS

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
The I Missed The Party Disease
Thats too easy to attack by the general public. Like the "comedian" who said oh you have chronic fatigue syndrome, thats like the i don't feel like going to work disease.

Frankly i would stick with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, its technical sounding thus commands more dignity/respect.

Mainstream diseases have solid names like ALS or Alzheimers or Parkinsons or Narcolepsy or Multiple Sclerosis. They sound serious.

lenora

Well @Alvin2.....I know it can't be called Living Death Disease because first and foremost it isn't recognized as a disease. It's a Syndrome, which is merely a collection of symptoms. Surprising, right?

Is any name going to really be right for this Syndrome? ' No Such Thing Syndrome'....maybe that sums it up and will certainly catch medical attention. I'll let greater minds than mine work on this one. I'm worrying about one more sleepless night. OK....I'll go bore myself with some numbers or something. Yours, Lenora