• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New vitamin therapy regimen

HRManager

"Deal with it"
Based on several articles I have read recently on NAD and AMPK, I decided to try the following regimen:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/itemADVCAPS/Advanced-Health-Essentials-Kit
plus
http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item00956/Pomegranate-Fruit-Extract

I also take 4000 IU D3, 1500/1200 Glucosamine/Chondroitin, Vitamelts Hair-Skin-Nails along with my prescriptions of:

600 mg gabapentin 4X daily
75 mg venlafaxine hcl (Effexor) 1 in AM, 2 in PM
10 mg montelukast (Singulair)
200 mg modafinil in AM
10 mg baclofen 1 or 2 at bedtime, PRN otherwise
2 mg eszopiclone (Lunesta) at bedtime
25 mg Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 2 at bedtime

400 - 800 mg ibuprofin as needed

Also have PRN of tramadol that I rarely use because I tend to have a paradoxical reaction to narcotics.

I will try to follow up and see if the supplements made a difference in my energy levels. Unfortunately I am getting over a cold (yeah zinc!), so they might get credit for when I start feeling better from that..

Is anyone else trying any NAD and AMPK supplements?

Thinktank

Never tried those supplements, but wow, you're hitting your GABA receptors pretty hard. Who prescribed you the combination of gabapentin, baclofen and lunesta all together?

HRManager

"Deal with it"
I have been taking it for a long time. We have increased it over time as my pain has gotten worse. I have been taking the current dose for about a year.

Learner1

The levels of the supplements are minimal and likely wouldn't do much.

And am I missing where the NAD and AMPK supplements are?

I have been getting good results with 75-100mg of LIAS Research NAD+ along with a comprehensive nutrient protocol with high potency B vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, and trace minerals.

The protocol is aimed at increasing glutathione production to reduce oxidative stress, reducing nitrosative stress, supporting mitochondrial function, and replenishing aminos that are being burned to make energy.

Though you likely feel benefits from the pharmaceutical help you're getting, it might be wise to be aware of the potential damage to mitochondria and to switch over to supplements to solve some of the same problems. (As an example, adding citrulline and ornithine helped me sleep through the night, rather than sleeping pills.)

Proper lab testing could help you find nutrient deficiencies/imbalances and personalize a supplement program.

HRManager

"Deal with it"
Included in the kit I am trying are:

Optimized NAD+ Cell Regenerator™ with Resveratrol
AMPK Metabolic Activator

If you scroll down the page on the link above, the amounts for each supplement are listed. Which supplement levels do you think are too low?

I will look up citrulline (never heard of this one) and ornithine (have heard of this one). Thank you!

What lab tests need to be done for a personalized program? I am looking into a couple of local Integrative Medicine doctors. But I want one with experience in my conditions..