• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New site on Facebook: For those with ME who have had negative experiences with the LP

Countrygirl

https://www.facebook.com/TrueStoriesLP/

True Stories About Lightning Process
3 hrs ·
ABOUT:

This is a collection of self reported true stories by ME/CFS patients who have experienced the Lightning Process. Please share these stories widely to raise awareness and protect others.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1. ME/CFS patients only.
2. Submit by messenger. Can be attached as a Word document.

3. Give your name, age now, age when you undertook LP.
4. Circumstances leading to you undertaking LP, how long you had been ill.
5. As much detail about the LP as possible, the cost, and its effects.
6. How you fared after.

7. Any message to readers.
8. State whether you are willing to have your name on the post or if you prefer to be anonymous.

9. Take your time to write your article. We want a detailed account.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

Comments

1010484_720927364604479_748456821_n.jpg

Write a comment...

True Stories About Lightning Process
2 hrs ·

Lise Hencken, written 17 Nov 2017

I have been stuck in bed for three weeks and this crash has brought the reality of my illness back to me in no uncertain terms. I need to start dealing in reality, not the life I want to constantly will into being and this brings me to something I need to get off my chest: the Lightening Process.
The Lightening Process is a ‘therapy’ - an expensive one naturally - that subscribes to the view that ME is a consequence of having become stuck in negative thought processes and an adrenaline loop. It triggers me on so many levels that I become a thunderstorm of rage just thinking about it. It is...
See More