• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Recovery From CFS (1): First Thing First

jjxx

I learned biohacking on Thanksgiving night of 2016 when discovering this forum after decades of battle with CFS.
I was not able to pull myself out of bed without prescribed stimulant at the time.
I was able to ditch the drug immediately after feeding/supplementing myself with nutrients that I was severely deficient. (I didn't know which ones helped at the time)
I have experimented with more than 100(?) supplements, and resolved about 100 symptoms (Yes including split hair end, which is a sign of something more serious).
From low dose to overdose, I watched my responses to them everyday in the last 7 years, today and will tomorrow, researched into each nutrient/supplement, connected dots and have resolved my symptoms one by one, and have accumulated 15 inches high of handwritten notes not including electronic ones.

Where to start?

I figure first thing first to share: Where I purchase my nutrients, which matters enormously.
To be clear, I am not affiliated with any of the brands or the vendor nor getting any kickback from them.
Thanks to California Prop 65, I am able to purchase supplements without heavy metal contaminants from a honest online vendor that follows Prop 65 faithfully giving warnings of contaminants: Pureformulas. Brands without contaminants that I trust and buy are : Doctor's Best, Nature's Way (I consider the two are the best valued), and Thorne, Pure Encapsulations, Douglas Lab (The last three are more pricey). Yes, I only take these brands.
I hope this helps and more to come.

What brands do you trust?

Last edited:

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I really Like how you Pick Up responsibility and try to get better despite Most doctors being Not that helpful (even If they are well meaning).

I like stories like this! Hope it turns out good for you

jjxx

I really Like how you Pick Up responsibility and try to get better despite Most doctors being Not that helpful (even If they are well meaning).

I like stories like this! Hope it turns out good for you
As someone with a BS in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and MS in Molecular Biology, I have to say I feel very bad that I took the RESPONSIBILITY way too late because I didn't understand on what and how Western Medicine is operating. It relies on MIRACLE drugs and does save lives when there is miracle drug, but it looks at the wrong direction away from the root cause of our illness. They deserve to be called miracle drugs because they work if you keep on taking them even though they don't solve the root cause at all.

Wayne

I feel very bad that I took the RESPONSIBILITY way too late because I didn't understand on what and how Western Medicine is operating.
Hi @jjxx -- Try not to feel too bad, the forces at play in the conventional medical field have been running long and deep for over a century and which for the most part, tolerates little dissent or exploration of the main theses of their paradigm, or of their money making apparatus. If you've never heard of the Flexner Report, you might find the following interesting:

Article: How the Flexner Report Hijacked Natural Medicine - Cancer Tutor

jjxx

Hi @jjxx -- Try not to feel too bad, the forces at play in the conventional medical field have been running long and deep for over a century and which for the most part, tolerates little dissent or exploration of the main theses of their paradigm, or of their money making apparatus. If you've never heard of the Flexner Report, you might find the following interesting:

Welcome to the capitalist world in which we are all indulged: all for profit!
More millionaires are born with fancy cancer drugs/therapies pouring to the market.
We become richer than most of the world by paying dear price with our health.
So don't complain because nothing is free.

Last edited:

jjxx

I had been ill for decades before I fed myself with nutrients/supplements that I was severely deficient due to my genetic variants.
I can tell you I felt lift within an hour after I took sufficient dose of vitamins/minerals which is much higher than daily value and I call it "therapeutic dosage". I was able to resolve one symptom after another simply with nutrients (and some antimicrobiome at the beginning only), then I realized how our body works and how conventional medicine works. I don't look forward to miracle drugs anymore; instead, I look the root cause like looking the root of dying tree and started from there: give it water, nutrients.