• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My CFS is heaviest in the morning, and lessens considerably throughout the day?

gregh286

I think its hormonal. Have always been like that as well.
I think we have anti bodies to cortisol or some crap like that.
My best days are those I wake at 4am.and lie in bed.
I am tired later but not that cfs power outage fatigue.
The only thing is that it misses morning cortisol rise

hb8847

hugo, i also just read in the b12 protocol that glutathione can induce b12 deficiency almost immediately so you could have a b12 issue rather glutathione issue, the problem with all this is not really knowing what's going on, and supplements actually causing worse problems. This is why my list on iherb, is currently staying on iherb and i haven't bought any of them yet! I have recently had some luck with NAC in the last two weeks, no bad effects so far so i'm assuming i don't have a b12 issue, but you never know when the supps will start creating some kind of bad reaction.

Something that has helped with my food detox issue is intermittent fasting, I don't eat any carbs after 6pm and then have breakfast at 10am this give my gut around 8 hours of not having to do anything!

Hi xebex,

With all due respect to this forum I'd personally take what you read in that B12 protocol with a large pinch of salt.

I've not read anywhere that glutathione depletes B12 and none of my doctors have mentioned that as a concern, nor have I ever heard the mechanism by which it is supposedly done.

From personal experience, if I take glutathione it actually adds to my overmethylation symptoms (it's definitely that as Niacin calms it right down), and any more B12 just shoots it through the roof.

If I could recommend any sort of methylation protocol it would be Ben Lynch's website which has helped me immeasurably. The ones outlined here did quite the opposite.

Note this is just my opinion, feel free to pick whichever treatment you want. All the best with your situation.

Hugo

hb8847

I'm of the opinion Glutathione and detoxificatin methylation issues are BULLSHIT and have taken away the narrative on the real issues. Fire your naturopathic doctor and refocus. Most cfs patients get better as the day goes by. In my opinion this has to do with dysfunctional HPA axis regulation. Cortisol should be highest in the morning but due to various mechanisms not functioning in us, it's NOT. I use nicotine to correct this problem. https://www.healthrising.org/forums...rugs-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me-cfs.341/ More patients should refocus on Dr Goldsteins doctrine and stop enabling quacks.

Hi Prefect. Thanks for your advice but I think I'll keep listening to the highly qualified doctors who have practically saved my life over the past 10 years over some guy on the internet.

And as for your B12 theory, I and many others here are proof that undermethylation is a very real and serious issue. Methylation supplements are in fact 90% of the reason I am no longer confined to my bed 24/7. All in my head though presumably according to you? Bore off with your ill-informed opinions.

hb8847

If you eat in the few hours before bed then stop. If you can try time restricted eating or intermittent fasting, then do. The earlier in the day you eating window, the better as far as my experience tells. The liver needs recovery overnight, which is why i am mentioning TRE and IF.
If you eat before sleeping, (and I assume youre eating as natural and healthy as possible already, without carbonated or sugary drinks and smoking), then you should give this a try for at least two weeks.
8am-4pm was my best east window, Forcing myself up at 5am, eat 8-4. and id be asleep again by 8pm if not before.

Thanks Float, already do all this. Good advice though.

Prefect

The liver does NOT store toxins overnight or you'd die of ammonia poisoning. We need to get ourselves away from pseudo science so we can get to the heart of the matter.

HABS93

@Float Oh know you're saying eating before bed is Abad thing? I recently went through loss of appetite after quitting weed. I had to force myself to eat every hour as I couldn't fill my stomach up. Yet it would feel hungry like an hour after eating. Have you noticed as difference in your 8-4 times eating when you wake up ? I didn't know any of this!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Free Cortisol is not the same as the same cortisol that dexamethasone test releases. You need an endocrinologist for that.

No, I've been tested through an endocrinologist too for morning cortisol levels. They were checking for Addison's and my levels were fine. I think it's easier to get to an endo in the states here.

Booble

Posting here as I was just about to ask about mornings vs. night. I generally feel like awful crap in the morning. When flaring feel particularly tired, clogged head, nausea and don't want to get out bed. And yet -- at night time, right before bed, I finally get a little energy and feel like I can't get back into the bed after spending so much time in it earlier in the day. I used to think it was weather/air conditions. At night I felt like I could finally breathe and not feel bogged down by air pressure (?).
Oh, and maybe TMI, but do any of you feel like crap after you...well....crap? After I make a bowel movement, 9 times out of 10 it wipes me out. I don't strain or anything but it's like my body doesn't like being empty? Or the remaining stuff moving about?

Booble

One of the odd things I notice is that my brain/thinking is usually pretty good in the morning -- if I have to do any work, write-up something, prepare for a meeting or whatnot. My brain does good work while my physcial body feels a wreck. At night, my physical body feels but I don't know if my brain does better work then or not.