• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle Mitochondria research in CFS

wigglethemouse

According to their website they have plans but need IRB approval first so are not yet enrolling people. Ron Tompkins has talked several times in videos about how difficult IRB approval is for biopsies and how they have to go to the UK to get biposies on sedantary controls.....

Remember to click the more link.
http://endmecfs.mgh.harvard.edu/skeletalmuscle/
Participation in the Studies

These are very complex studies. For this MGH and BWH study in ME/CFS patients, which is currently under review by the MGH/Partners Harvard Institutional Review Board, enrollment is not yet possible. Since these studies include muscle biopsies, the review process can be complicated and prolonged. It is clear that over the course of time, various projects will be involved in open enrollment, others pending open enrollment, and others that have been closed and are under analysis. This situation suggests a fluid process and it is our intent to develop a separate portion of this website to announce opportunities for patient volunteers to be updated readily for any studies that are currently enrolling within the ME/CFS Collaboration. Any patients who have interest in a study will be able to register and participate as well as provide feedback regarding their experience.