• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MTHFR

taniaaust1

I just found out that Australia has a MTHFR support site and this site seems to have some great info if anyone wants to check it out (the site isnt as overwhelming as the MTHFR.net where I find I get too much info overload).

I suggest anyone who has MTHFR mutations to check out the following, http://www.mthfrsupport.com.au/conditions/

ohh.. warning thou, you not like some of what you read if you look into the conditions. My 23andME test came back that I was at a 39% risk of getting Alzeihemers Disease from the age of 50 years due to the Alzeihemers gene.. and now I just found out the following relationship with MTHFR

". Elhawary et al (2013) examined the relationship between the MTHFR 677TT mutation and Alzheimer’s Disease. The frequency of the T allele was found to be 3 times higher in AD patients when compared to controls, with the most severe cases of AD found in patients carrying the 677TT mutation."

Last edited:

ahmo

@taniaaust1 Thanks for the link. On the "About" page, she's written:
We need to heal at a cellular level and what I now see is that nutritional methyl donors are restoring our patients health because we are breaking down the obstacles to healing and decreasing inflammation.

My personal assumption as we move forward, is that the work we're doing to repair our methylation cycles is mitigating against the nasty diseases. We are healing and repairing at the cellular level. Cheers from sunny NSW:balloons: