• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center -- How to help

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I have been trying to find out information on how to support the new ME/CFS center at Mt Sinai. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Dr. Enlander ( from patients and other ME/CFS docs) . It looks like this center has hired some top notch researchers and doctors. I am hopeful that good things will happen there that will benefit us all. I thought others might also like to have this information.

It has been a bit of a go around to get the info. ( Thanks to a friend who is a patient of Dr. E who finally got the full info pinned down and to Madietodd for her help and also , of course, Dr E and staff)

There are 2 foundations, both tax- exempt charities.

Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
c/o Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065

Who to make check out to:
Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center

What is this foundation supporting? (ie specifically where the money is going and how it will be used )

ME/CFS research especially treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

2. Caron and Derek Enlander Foundation

Contact information :

Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065

Who to make check out to:
Derek Enlander MD w/notation Caron and Derek Enlander Foundation

What is this foundation supporting? (ie specifically where the money is going and how it will be used )

Medical Research in these specific areas:
Cancer research
ME/CFS research especially treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Fibromyalgia cause and treatment
Lymes Disease