• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MINDD - Metabolic Immunologic Neurologic Digestive Disorders

Wayne

I just discovered this website a few minutes ago, did a quick search here on PR, and discovered it's not been mentioned before. It looks like it has some very good information, so thought I would post a link before I spaced it out.

MINDD - Metabolic Immunologic Neurologic Digestive Disorders

The first two paragraphs on the website give an overview:
Mindd is an acronym for Metabolic Immunologic Neurologic Digestive disorders that often affect the mind. Many modern illnesses fall into this category such as asthma, allergies, AD/HD, Autism, Crohns Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, digestive disorders, Schizophrenia, anxiety, depression and more.

Thanks to advances in medicine and technology many diseases and infections are part of the past. However, a new class of epidemics are emerging in the category of brain-immuno-gut dysfunction or Mindd illness. In this paradigm, disease begins at the cellular level and affects many organ systems. This explains why researchers such as Dr. Campbell-McBride and Dr. Kenneth Bock are finding such an overlap in neurological, immunological and digestive illness in one single patient.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Mindd Overview

Mindd is an acronym for Metabolic Immunologic Neurologic Digestive disorders that often affect the mind. Many modern illnesses fall into this category such as asthma, allergies, AD/HD, Autism, Crohns Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, digestive disorders, Schizophrenia, anxiety, depression and more.

Hm. I've suffered from asthma and allergies as a child, depression as an adult. My brain does ADHD stuff.

Its not hard to see the links. I wonder how many other PWC have these overlap conditions?..

Its a shame that remedies for this spectrum of conditions arent more direct and effective. Most of these illnesses take a lot of work to manage, with small returns in health