• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

low diastolic blood pressure

charlie1

I have always had chronically low blood pressure which has got worse since my illness started 3 yrs ago. There will be occasional spells though when my systolic will rise to 100 -115 but at those times my diastolic will fall quite low (low 40's). This is rarely due to my position. These variations can cause my pulse pressures to be anywhere from 7 - 74, although not within the same day.
Does anyone know what morning low diastolic pressure can be indicative of or should this just be chalked up to the wonders of dysautonomia? Also, at one time there were discussions about the significance of wide and narrow pulse pressures. Again, the fault of my autonomic mess up?
I just wonder sometimes if I should be pushing my GP for more extensive cardiac testing. (EKG,Echo fine)
Thanks.