• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long COVID: a new word for naming fibromyalgia?

SWAlexander

This paper is facing some opposition.

The paper in question: Long COVID: a new word for naming fibromyalgia?

The problem was called out by: and https://twitter.com/resiapretorius

Peer review (as we have noted) can be an interesting process, especially if the authors suggest their friends. Sometimes these reviewers are in an unrelated field to LongCOVID. They are chosen to drive a specific agenda. The publisher should take action.
@dbkell
@doctorasadkhan

1699882703304.jpeg

lenora

Sorry, but I can't open this fully. I don't even know the country that research was done.

I have long wondered whatever happened to one of my problems....good old fibromyalgia (FM). In the U.S. it used to be called CFS/FM, but since the change to ME it doesn't seem to exist I've been cured and don't even know it! (Nor does my body.) So now it's tucked in with Long COVID.....interesting. Next step, it has been cancelled totally.