• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lipkin and Hornig ME/CFS Monster Study: Microbes, Immunity & Complex Data

Helen

Really good news about diagnosing Lyme and other vectorborne infections, which also will lead to better treatments according to Lipkin. From 2:00. The subtitles are almost correct in this video.

Edit: What a Christmas present:balloons:

Last edited:

BurnA

I don't get it, for the past year we have been hearing about all the samples they have planned or taken, but still no analysis?
Mady Hornig said more or less the exact same thing at iime conference back in the summer.

Eager to analyse is great, but unless there is funding it won't happen.

AndyPR

Tuha

I don't get it, for the past year we have been hearing about all the samples they have planned or taken, but still no analysis?
Mady Hornig said more or less the exact same thing at iime conference back in the summer.

Eager to analyse is great, but unless there is funding it won't happen.

I think they dont have enough money to do all the analysys. They are receiving money from patients and probably other sourcess but they probably need much more to do all the analysys. It´s pity that this group struggle with money for ME research because I think they have huge potential. Hopefully NIH will fund them soon - but now it´s up to patients to support this research to move it faster

AndyPR

From The Microbe Discovery Project Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/microbediscovery/

Fundraising total update, $135,195 from 264 donations!

http://bit.ly/DonateToDrLipkin

Many thanks to our wonderful supporters for your generosity.

For those of you who consider donating but perhaps think that a small donation won't make a difference, please consider this: if 7,000 followers of this page all donated $10 (the minimum amount possible) just once then we would add another $70,000 to the total above. If just half the number of followers, 3,500, donated just $10 a month, an amazing $420,000 could be raised. So while the total figure that we are aiming for may seem daunting, many modest donations can make light work of it.

Please donate today at http://bit.ly/DonateToDrLipkin

(Please note that we have amended this post to accurately show the minimum possible donation, we apologize for any confusion this might have caused.)

fingers2022

They will never get the 5 million dollar so this study will never be finished.
Exactly, and that is what they want...so that they can apply for more $$$ and keep the gravy train rollin'

Rock n' Roll Lipkin
Keep it Rock n' rollin'
Keep doin' yer shifty shiftin'
Keep the $$$ rollin' in'

fingers2022

This study is one of the biggest and most rigorous ever and you aren't bothered about it ?
I don't understand your comment.
The OMF study is great but it's 20 Patients at one time point AFAIK.
Hansons study doesn't come close in terms of scope.
KDM ? Are you joking?

As patients we need as much good quality research as possible, this is top quality.
would you like to expand on that?

fingers2022

why not? There were already some big donors who already donated more than 1 million dollar, Hutchinson family gave 10 million dollar (Also Lipkin got quite a lot of money from that pocket)
Ex...fuckin'...zactly.
Rock n' roll Lipkin.

fingers2022

If we all gave a couple of bucks, it could make a big difference! We shouldn't have to fund our own studies, but, I would rather give a few dollars here and there and kick start the research than wait for the NIH.

Besides, it's called CII's ME/CFS MONSTER STUDY! :woot:
Spend your money wisely, people.