• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Keto rash

Seven7

Seven
Does anybody know what to do about Keto rash successfully? I have read the Internet with not much help. I prefer to stay in Ketosis If possible BecuSe I stop passing out and have more energy and feel better overall ( MUCH better).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Crux

Some people believe it's excess histamine causing the problem.
They've applied various anti-histamine creams to the rash for relief.
Some get the rash temporarily as toxins stored in their fat are discharged through the skin.
Doxycycline has been recommended because it has cured the rash.

I got the rash too, and it was awful. I realized that I was not having enough copper at the time, and copper is needed for histamine metabolism.

There are plenty of keto foods with copper, but I wasn't having them at that time. Foods such as, crab, lobster, chocolate, nuts, seeds, mushrooms, etc. have copper.

I still take 1mg. copper glycinate daily now because it's a better guarantee of sufficiency.

Seven7

Seven
I still take 1mg. copper glycinate daily now because it's a better guarantee of sufficiency.
I had a hair analysis that said I was low on cooper! And I do have awfal hystamine issues! I will try that!!! I have probiotics also at home so will add both and see how I do. For now I got myself out of ketosis ( but still very low carb) I just ate an apple. Thank you so
Much!!! The itchin is not fun

Crux

I really hope it works for you !

It's been over 2 yrs., but I think it took about a week to see and feel results.