• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is ME a more curable illness than other serious conditions?

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Here's a question? Do any of these other major diseases besides maaaaybe MS have these periods of remission? It doesn't seem that way

Another clue that the "damage" is functional
Your grasping for straws, we can either give you some or you can accept that you have this condition. Those are the available options at this time.

I know its scary but we don't have any rabbits to pull out of hats, we all want this thing cured or at least a treatment found, but right now the reality is we are here but we have better prospects then we did a few years ago, the OMF is doing great work and making progress and we hope that leads to a treatment.

Its not easy to accept a serious diagnosis but driving yourself crazy is not going to make you better. At this point all you can do is adapt, when your ready.