• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IOM report release date 10 Feb 2015

Kati

Patient in training
Dr Bateman posted this on Facebook yesterday (posting with permission)
Lucinda Bateman
Hey Facebook friends...I have become a tweeter. If you want to follow the "coming out party" of MECFS I invite you to follow my Twitter account @LBatemanMD. Making waves in the medical community

• Robin Funk
    "Coming out party" of MECFS? Wonder if that's the name?
    18 hrs · Like · 1

• Lucinda Bateman
    I just meant coming out of the shadows into mainstream medicine

Maybe just maybe this process will meet be us forward from the shadows to closer to centre stage. I am choosing to be optimistic.

Sing

With ICD-10-CM going into effect in October, what would the effect of a name change be?

If You Mean M.E., Just Say M.E.!
Posted by Mary Kindel on January 05, 2015
I don't know if it is possible to add a new name, category and description to the ICD-10-CM before Oct 15, 2015. Actually it would probably have to change both previous categories. Anyone know anything about how this works?

I have forgotten who all the people were on their panel. The ones presenting are few. Were the others equally involved? Drs. Chu, Klimas, Davis.....

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I don't know if it is possible to add a new name, category and description to the ICD-10-CM before Oct 15, 2015. Actually it would probably have to change both previous categories. Anyone know anything about how this works?

I have forgotten who all the people were on their panel. The ones presenting are few. Were the others equally involved? Drs. Chu, Klimas, Davis.....

It is theoretically possible to add a new listing to the ICD-CM twice a year, if I recall correctly. I do not know how the WHO ICD gets updated, but I assume there is a similar process.

It is possible to see the panel at the IOM page. However it is not listed on the webcast page and they do not have easy breadcrumbs navigation. On the Activities page for ME/CFS, there is a widget at the right-hand column:
+ View Full Committee Roster

When expanded, it yields:

Some of these names are unfamiliar, and Jennie (and a group) blogged about them here.

There is also a section for:

+ View Full Study Staff Roster

Last edited: