• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Increasing SOD?

joe12

xena

anyone else have bleach smelling stools after taking sod? i'm also getting a faint chemical taste in the mouth
or does anyone have a theory about what mechanism would cause that?

my own best guess is that the sod is producing hydrogen peroxide and that i don't have enough catalase or glutathione peroxidase or which ever enzyme it is that cleans this up so maybe i'm smelling that? either that or it's detox related

it helps me with energy/reduces PEM i think (haven't taken it long). i am taking glisodin form

JaimeS

Yeah, first started abx stools had a peroxide smell. Didn't last long, though. If you're not experiencing any other symptoms I'd say to stay the course, but that is an individual decision and I am not a doctor. :)

Jaime

xena

Yeah, first started abx stools had a peroxide smell. Didn't last long, though. If you're not experiencing any other symptoms I'd say to stay the course, but that is an individual decision and I am not a doctor. :)

Jaime
jaime are you saying that when you started antibiotics while taking the sod increasing supplement, you had the peroxide smell stool?

i was taking rifaximin when i tried Glisodin initially and the smell was much stronger. i stopped the antibiotic a week ago and tried the glisodin again and the smell seems to be less but i'm not sure