• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathic treatment reduced inflammation in mice with Chagas

Rufous McKinney

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27211326

Highly diluted medication reduces tissue parasitism and inflammation in mice infected by Trypanosoma cruzi.
Aim: To evaluate the effects of Kalium causticum (Ca), Conium maculatum (Co), and Lycopodium clavatum (Ly) 13cH in mice infected by Trypanosoma cruzi.

Findings:

RESULTS:
The prepatent period was greater in the Ly group than in the CI group (p = 0.02). The number of trypomastigotes on the 8th day after infection was lower in the Ca group than in the CI group (p < 0.05). Total parasitemia was significantly lower in the Ca, Co, and Ly groups than in the CI group. On the 12th day after infection, the Ca, Co, and Ly groups had fewer nests and amastigotes/nest in the heart than the CI group (p < 0.05). Decreases in the number of nests and amastigotes in the intestine were observed in the Ly group compared with the CI group (p < 0.05). In the liver (day 12), Ly significantly prevented the formation of inflammatory foci compared with the other groups. In skeletal muscle, Co and Ly decreased the formation of inflammatory foci compared with CI (p < 0.05). Ly afforded greater animal survival compared with CI, Ca, and Co (p < 0.05). The animals in the Co group died prematurely compared with the CI group (p = 0.03).
CONCLUSIONS:
Ly with 13cH potency had significantly more benefits in the treatment of mice infected with T. cruzi, reducing the number of blood parasites, amastigote nests in tissue, and the number of amastigotes per nest and increasing animal survival.

Rufous McKinney

I've not used homeopathic medicine much.....

I recall, back in the mid 1960s, going to a little house in the older part of the small rural town I grew up in, and it was a shop and had: many many vials and mysterious little containers containing homeopathic cures. It was all quite mysterious and rather exciting at the time.

I'm tempted to toss Ly...into the MIx.