• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High-dose intravenous Vitamin C effective against Epstein-Barr-Virus?

gettinbetter

Mary

Moderator Resource
Andrographis paniculata for EBV.
@pattismith - I've been taking andrographis paniculate for a couple of years now with very good results. For years I've been getting a sinus infection of some kind every time I crash, which meant being sick 95% of the time. It would take 10 - 14 days to recover to recover each time, by which time I would have crashed again etc. I don't know what kind of infection it was but taking andrographis regularly has cut the severity and duration of the infections by more than two-thirds. It's been a miracle herb for me. It is an immune modulator as well as antiviral etc. As a maintenance dose I take one or two 400 mg. capsules a day with food, and when sick I'll take 3 or 4. I'll also take a several days or even a week off every couple of weeks.

I'm hypothyroid - I take 120 mg. Naturethroid daily - the andrographis hasn't hurt my thyroid at all.

Also, something caused my NK cell function to increase from around 13 to 25 in a couple of years and I'm betting it was the andrographis, though of course don't know for sure.

Wonkmonk

Do any of these companies ship to the USA?

You might have to send them an inquiry. Contact details are:

Pascoe pharmazeutische Präparate GmbH
Schiffenberger Weg 55
35394 Giessen

Phone: +49 (0) 641 7960-0
Fax: +49 (0) 641 7960-109
E-Mail:info(at)pascoe.de

Good Luck!

pamojja

Do any of these companies ship to the USA?
Thanks

Note: 7.5 g ascorbic acid aren't even close to the amount needed for vitamin C IVs in serious conditions. That little could also be get into the bloodstream by dosing throughout the day orally, and much less expensive. Also see the link to the paper posted by me on the first page again, which explains that only sodium ascorbate should be used. And how that is done.