• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Herbal supplements helped me

I've done acupuncture for headaches. Acupuncture helped my headaches for a while then they came back. I feel like Acupuncture helped for my fatigue. My acupuncturist also gave me some herbal supplement for energy. I've seen a big improvement.

My stepmom is a nurse and checked the manufacturer's website and says they're safe to take. But the r/cfs community on Reddit I lurk on from time to time doesn't seem too big on herbal supplements or any alternative therapies.

Rufous McKinney

Acupuncture helped for my fatigue.

I take alot of traditional chinese herbs I get from an expert. He writes books. He does acupuncture too, but it's the herbs that really help. I only get acupuncture for acute problems (like my back is seized up and it hurts real bad), and I can't handle more than about 5-10 needles and 15 minutes. It usually sends me to bed for several days.

The traditional herbs are best for chronic conditions. They work more subtly, but when they work tend to improve things sometimes dramatically.
My acupuncturist also gave me some herbal supplement for energy.

the chinese traditional medicine doesn't really use many supplements so I can't comment on what your taking.

Personally, I have mostly used non traditional modalities as they work better for me.

Can you share the name and brand? I would be curious to see if I could get it from an acupuncturist locally. Any improvement would be appreciated.

LINE

I've done acupuncture for headaches. Acupuncture helped my headaches for a while then they came back. I feel like Acupuncture helped for my fatigue. My acupuncturist also gave me some herbal supplement for energy. I've seen a big improvement.

My stepmom is a nurse and checked the manufacturer's website and says they're safe to take. But the r/cfs community on Reddit I lurk on from time to time doesn't seem too big on herbal supplements or any alternative therapies.
If something works then it works and if it doesn't, then it doesn't work. There are no clear definitions to causation or treatments, so I have no idea where the reddit community thinks it is wrong. Obviously, if there is a danger to something, regardless of a prescriptive agent or natural agent then we should avoid.

I made substantial progress with Nature's medicine, as @Rufous McKinney says, TCM has predated western medicine by a few thousand years. Obviously, not everything prescribed is going to work, so you have to be a scientist, detective and observer and try try again.

LINE

@Emily_21 - this eleuthero root product (also known as "Siberian ginseng", though not truly ginseng) noticeably helps my energy. I started with 2 a day and now take 3. I like it a lot! I just ignore the people who seem to think that only prescription drugs can help us.
I second Siberian Ginseng - good stamina with that one - I have used it for quite some time. Jiaogulan is another help, it too is an adaptogen like Siberian Ginseng (other adaptogens have been a great help for me).

https://healthyfocus.org/jiaogulan-benefits/

Inca

What did they give you that gave you energy?