• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have you had the Novavax vaccination and has it prevented Long Covid?

Faith2007

So I got COVID-19 for the second time just over 2 weeks ago, and am unvaccinated. I have increased fatigue from the first time I got it more than 2 years ago, which has left me unable to work, whereas previously, with lots of treatment, I decreased my fatigue enough to work part-time. I have CFIDS with immune defiicency and autoimmune thyroiditis. So I can't take any vaccinations using an autoimmune delivery system, which leaves only Novavax.

The only reason I would be interested in taking Novavax is to prevent Long Covid to try to get working again, since I have strong lungs and don't end up in the hospital with COVID-19. I am still trying new treatments for my immune systerm. So have you taken Novavax, and if so, what was your response to COVID-19 after taking it? Are you immune deficient?

Thanks so much for responding to this.

Jyoti

I have had Novovax, but have NOT had Covid. So while I can’t speak directly to your question @Faith2007, it seems a good place to note that the vaccine itself was completely without side effects for me. Maybe a tiny bit of soreness at the injection site but no more. Compared to 12 days bed bound, heart rate through the roof, horrible body pain from the RNA version.

From what I’ve read, Novovax is equally effective at preventing COVID, which of course is an excellent way to prevent LC. If you can tolerate it.

godlovesatrier

I'm taking those Linus but I still have long covid symptoms. Natto seemed to get rid of neck and shoulder pain but that was it.

According to the latest studies tachychardic which is my worst long COVID symptom is caused by hypoxia. To be honest I think triple therapy would be a better option but very few drs in the uk can help with that sadly.

linusbert

According to the latest studies tachychardic which is my worst long COVID symptom is caused by hypoxia. To be honest I think triple therapy would be a better option but very few drs in the uk can help with that sadly.
did you measure your blood o2 with a pulsoximeter?

i dont know how much novovax would help after a infection?
the best long covid prevention seams to me having good status of vitamin D (~40+ng/ml) + according cofactors zink/selen, retinol and C.

maybe give glutathione a try, that and D is what gets exhausted in infections.
also i read in another paper that covid could deplete zink which might be explanation for loss of smell. zink treatment in those cases helped. not sure if it will in your cases.

Faith2007

the best long covid prevention seams to me having good status of vitamin D (~40+ng/ml) + according cofactors zink/selen, retinol and C.

maybe give glutathione a try, that and D is what gets exhausted in infections.
That's good advice, and I already take all of that regularly, except I take the Natural Beta Carotene, Palmitate form of Vitamin A. I also was given a combo of NADH + CoQ10 to take, plus I take NMN plus just once a week that supports the making of NAD+ and NADPH, and HoltraCeuticals Virunex. And I go for IV ozone therapy with UV every two weeks for my immune system. And I'm not allowed to be indoors in a crowded place without an N-95 mask. But there were a couple of occasions when I was one on one without a mask, and that was enough to give it to me recently, I believe. Immune deficiency is the problem.

I'm going to start 2 new things (not at the same time), Red Ginseng to help my immune system, which has also shown reduction of fatigue in ME/CFS and primary immune deficiency, and Jarrow Lactoferrin, but I have to order it, and then have Kinesiology done on me to make sure I'm not allergic to it, which will also tell me the dosage, in 2 weeks.

Then, I'll look into the spike detox protocol, but I can't add a lot of new things at the same time or I won't know what's working and what's not helping. Thanks!

godlovesatrier

I took high dose vitamin D and zinc and took molnupivarir which did not prevent long covid.

Boosters do help Linus because they bring broad neutralising antibodies back up to very high levels. Actually a booster after infection gives you superior levels of protection. Anyway you need to read iwasakis study. 44% of long covid patients get better after a booster.

ilivewithcfs

I want to share how I solved a similar problem. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and I'm not qualified to make any general statements, I'll just share what works for me.
I didn't have COVID vaccinations, because it might cause my ME symptoms to flare up. I also don't have a lot of vaccine choices in my country (we have Russian or Chinese vaccines, I don't want to take any of them). I solved this problem with ivermectin. Prior to discovering ivermectin, I always had a giant flare up of ME symptoms after every respiratory infection I had, even after mild common colds. Ivermectin changed that. I start taking it as soon as cold symptoms start, and stop taking it, when the symptoms are over. My colds became milder and shorter, and I don't have any ME flare ups, I return to my baseline right away. This also works for covid, not just colds. Last time I had a respiratory virus, I added andrographis to my regimen, and I feel like it also helped.
Once again, I don't feel like I have right to make general statements, I don't know if that works for other people, but it works for me. So when it comes to long covid prevention, i choose ivermectin+andrographis over vaccines.

Last edited:

linusbert

I took high dose vitamin D
the prevention of vitamin D is by blood levels and not by dosage taken.
i took 2 million IU of vitamin D (over 1,5 years) to get it up to 40ng/ml in blood. the first 1,5 million IU didnt move my blood levels above 15ng/ml which is still deficient.
the protective effects begin somewhere around 37ng/ml.
so if you do not know your blood levels you cannot make any assumption about if you have enough or not.
also its more complicated for us folks as we react quite weird to supplements.

i am making a general statement here, vitamin D might not be what works for you. just saying, the good effects for covid where around 37ng/ml.