• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Great News on upcoming treatement

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2302738120

"Scientists in the small field of ME/CFS research are excited by the discovery, which points to a potential — and badly needed — treatment strategy. For Hwang, developing a treatment for the illness is now “what keeps me going.” His small laboratory, just four scientists, is planning a clinical trial with a drug that recently came onto the market for another disease". (c) WaPo

Aidan Walsh

I think I recall now it was mentioned by some NIH Team & the ME Association thinks it should not be used by anyone until more work is done outside the trial.

I think the family had also some other type of genetic illness, she was the only one who was sick with fatigue issues she also had breast cancer twice. Maybe there is something more natural to try instead? thanks Rufous

Aidan Walsh

Relvyrio is a combo drug, with sodium phenylbutyrate and taurusodiol.
Basically the latter is just tudca, a bile acid you can buy in a supplement store. The former is a common enough drug but you'd need to get it approved off label. https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...rate-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20066057?p=1
thanks, Murph, this reminds me of bile acid medicine used in Habba Syndrome by Dr. Habba an endocrinologist in America where they take one pill at meals.

I do not recall the name of the bile medicine it is but it is on YouTube Habba Syndrome. I still believe this condition we have is undiagnosed Nutcracker Syndrome none of the gold standard tests have been done.
I sent some PDFs to Linda at the OMF.

Even the NIH posted the link below on 4. full Doctor/GP UK on Nutcracker Syndrome she was even told she had FND. My left kidney on a simple ultrasound is lopsided & large they were trying to say Dromedary Hump, I believe I was Born now with Nutcracker Syndrome & or could be Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. One Urologist suggested my kidney was Congenital.

They never did the Color Doppler ultrasound or the proper Veno scans or 8 hours of supine proteinuria & 16 hours of urine standing proteinuria collections

Attachments

• IMC-1-101 (1) (1).pdf
    674.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.full-1-1-1-2-1-1-1 (2).pdf
    563.4 KB · Views: 4
  • fsurg-09-984500 (1) (2).pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
  • PIIS2468024920312730.pdf
    241.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Aidan Walsh

I also found something else a rare genetic illness may not be rare after all it is called Fabry Disease. I came across this in an autopsy paper the Man had compression Mesentera/Aorta veins and he also had Fabry Disease diagnosed