• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

getting worse on Valtrex - flu-like crashes / please, help

Tella

Much better. Been off antivirals for many months. I had some improvement from Valtrex & Celebrex. But the big game changer has been peptides (thymosin alpha and beta). I have a life again!
Happy for u! Do u have any other viruses like cmv? How bad were u before on the scale n how much did the fatigue and pem improve?

Not that I’m aware of. Seems like EBV is the big problem for me. I’m not sure which scale you are referring to, but I was housebound and mostly bed/couch-bound. Now I’m able to do most anything except intense forms of exercise.

Tella

Not that I’m aware of. Seems like EBV is the big problem for me. I’m not sure which scale you are referring to, but I was housebound and mostly bed/couch-bound. Now I’m able to do most anything except intense forms of exercise.
That’s amazing. How long were u on the meds for? Did u have any side effects and worsening at first?