• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic variants (SNPs) Interpretation Guide

caledonia

Hi Coming this late to the party. Is there a practitioner who i can get in touch with???
I see you have autism and ADHD. What I suggest is to skip looking at all the things you mentioned. I have years of personal experience doing extensive research on those, trying some of them, and a bunch of other things, and it's a giant rabbit hole.

Instead I suggest checking out the Andy Cutler mercury chelation protocol first. The reason is, if metals are your issue, it can be treated. Mercury and other metals can mess you up badly and cause all sorts of diseases and conditions. Tons of people are affected by metals and don't realize it. It's about $100 to do a hair test and see if mercury or other metals are affecting you.

There are a number of people with autism and ADHD (and ME/CFS) who have been helped. I've found this protocol to be the best thing I've ever tried in 23 years of trying things.

There is a lady named Rebecca Rust Lee who co-wrote Andy Cutler's latest book. She can provide more personal support and coaching (for a fee). Otherwise there is a very clearly written book called The Mercury Detoxification Manual, a Facebook group, and a website with a forum. The book is about $40, the rest is free. There are a number of moderators at both places who are very helpful.

If your issue turns out to not to be toxic metals, then you can proceed onto other things.

I have links to the various resources I mentioned in my signature link.

I see you have autism and ADHD. What I suggest is to skip looking at all the things you mentioned. I have years of personal experience doing extensive research on those, trying some of them, and a bunch of other things, and it's a giant rabbit hole.

Instead I suggest checking out the Andy Cutler mercury chelation protocol first. The reason is, if metals are your issue, it can be treated. Mercury and other metals can mess you up badly and cause all sorts of diseases and conditions. Tons of people are affected by metals and don't realize it. It's about $100 to do a hair test and see if mercury or other metals are affecting you.

There are a number of people with autism and ADHD (and ME/CFS) who have been helped. I've found this protocol to be the best thing I've ever tried in 23 years of trying things.

There is a lady named Rebecca Rust Lee who co-wrote Andy Cutler's latest book. She can provide more personal support and coaching (for a fee). Otherwise there is a very clearly written book called The Mercury Detoxification Manual, a Facebook group, and a website with a forum. The book is about $40, the rest is free. There are a number of moderators at both places who are very helpful.

If your issue turns out to not to be toxic metals, then you can proceed onto other things.

I have links to the various resources I mentioned in my signature link.
Thankyou so much @caledonia . I have joined the forum and the facebook group you mentioned and also checking out the website of rebecca. Can i get Hair mineral analysis from any place that comes up on google or are there places that provides better and detailed reports. Im thinking of getting the HMTA done before contacting Rebecca, once i know the status of my Heavy metals. Also i've had root canals and fillings and i am sure the standard is amalgym fillings or silver fillings. Should i get them removed? Sorry im asking too many questions

caledonia

Thankyou so much @caledonia . I have joined the forum and the facebook group you mentioned and also checking out the website of rebecca. Can i get Hair mineral analysis from any place that comes up on google or are there places that provides better and detailed reports. Im thinking of getting the HMTA done before contacting Rebecca, once i know the status of my Heavy metals. Also i've had root canals and fillings and i am sure the standard is amalgym fillings or silver fillings. Should i get them removed? Sorry im asking too many questions
There is a specific hair test to get, and a specific way to interpret it. My suggestion would be to go ahead and contact Rebecca, and she can help you with your various questions. Or you can ask them on one of the Cutler forums or groups. Rebecca has a link to the hair test on her website which is discounted.

You will need to get all mercury in your mouth removed in order to chelate out the mercury. You should use a specially trained dentist who knows how to protect you from the mercury being removed, otherwise you can get a big exposure that way. Rebecca or the groups should be able to help you locate a dentist for removal.

There is a specific hair test to get, and a specific way to interpret it. My suggestion would be to go ahead and contact Rebecca, and she can help you with your various questions. Or you can ask them on one of the Cutler forums or groups. Rebecca has a link to the hair test on her website which is discounted.

You will need to get all mercury in your mouth removed in order to chelate out the mercury. You should use a specially trained dentist who knows how to protect you from the mercury being removed, otherwise you can get a big exposure that way. Rebecca or the groups should be able to help you locate a dentist for removal.
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou @caledonia . I'll get to it and keep you posted as well

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou @caledonia . I'll get to it and keep you posted as well
Hi @caledonia Just updating. I am seeing a dentist in a few days to remove my amalgams and then start the chelation. There is one drug i've come across which is advertised as a treatment for loads of issues. Its an opoid receptor antagonist called Naltrexone. People take it on low doses. Have you heard of it. They have a facebook group and lots of presentations etc. I would love to know your thoughts.
Kind regards,
Muzaffar

caledonia

Hi @caledonia Just updating. I am seeing a dentist in a few days to remove my amalgams and then start the chelation. There is one drug i've come across which is advertised as a treatment for loads of issues. Its an opoid receptor antagonist called Naltrexone. People take it on low doses. Have you heard of it. They have a facebook group and lots of presentations etc. I would love to know your thoughts.
Kind regards,
Muzaffar
Hi Muzaffar,
I've heard of it, but haven't personally tried it. It seems to be mostly used for FM type pain. I searched for it on the Cutler Facebook forum, and there are a number of posts. It looks like it helps some people, but others have trouble with tolerating it. There is no issue with trying it while you're doing the Cutler protocol.

In general, I think it's just one of those things you have to try for yourself to see if it helps or not. As always, it's best to proceed cautiously - for example, start out with a very low dose, then if tolerated, gradually increase if desired.