• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Daffodil: With the GcMAF it is not that a higher dosis works better. It's about finding the right dosis for you.
Some just need a little amount. Sometimes the improvements take some time.
I heard some patients didn't notice anything until they felt better after 6 months.
So your brainfog can still improve later on.
Just listen to your body.

Good luck!

Hi Daffodil,

I agree with Srankel--you need to take a dose that doesn't give you difficult side effects, or it will make you worse. You could be increasing your brain inflammation with a higher dose and that could increase the brain fog. The effects of GcMAF take time, and if you increase your dose too much, you will have to stop as inflammation past a certain level is not good for you. I think you started with a much higher base level of inflammation than I did, so you really need to be careful.

As far as the gut, from my experience a lot of brain fog is coming from there. My latest metagenomic stool test confirms this as does the neurotoxin urine test.

As far as how much I have improved, it is really hard to quantify so I am just guessing at 30%. But I had improved a lot from other treatments before that, so I was at a higher level of functioning when I started than you were.

I'm guessing at the 30% just because there are a lot of things I still can't do--like aerobic exercise, studying for long periods etc. It is very had to assess--partly because we forget what level of functioning we had even a year ago. It is only when you notice that you are doing things now that you weren't doing then, that you notice the difference. It is such a subtle, slow progression.

Best,
Sushi

Thanks for the replies guys ,
for me personal b - 12 injection really help with the brain fog , and is a must for me personal no maf 314 . all so i feel mag cream and oral spay helps .
Personal i know from flying regally when I was working, that flying caused a low energy state in me and instant leaky gut / gut complaints including diarrhea witch taking mag instantantly stopped . due to more energy in my system .

Again this is personal experience but hope it helps .

Daffodil

thanks, all. now i am wondering if i should go back to 0.15. i am so sick of the fog. i am just at my limit

maybe i should just get the expensive metametrix stool test. i am running out of ideas....but money too :(

I have the same experience as whu with B12.
Before my B12 injections i could bearly read.
It goes better now.

About the GcMaf: Take the dose you can tolerate best.
If you take a dose that's to high for you, you will feel horrible.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
thanks, all. now i am wondering if i should go back to 0.15. i am so sick of the fog. i am just at my limit

maybe i should just get the expensive metametrix stool test. i am running out of ideas....but money too :(

Daff I would back down. I've never known anyone who took too little GcMAF. Only those who have taken too much and regretted it.

A recent investigation has revealed that the forum member davidnoakes, who stated that he was a representative of a European company that sells GcMAF, appears to have been using multiple accounts on this forum. These 'sockpuppet' accounts were used to post links to the GcMAF business and to repeat claims concerning alleged failings of rival companies' products.

We therefore feel that we should let members know that the accounts of 'freda' and 'tobermory' were using the same IP address as davidnoakes' account, so that they can take this information into account when asssessing davidnoakes' claims and the relative merits of the various rival companies and their GcMAF products.

I am aquainted with David Noakes, and I would suggest that these two other accounts from his IP are probably his PA and his partner. He is very proud of the fact that he does not hide behind aliases on this or any other forum. Other posters have mentioned the attitude of David Noakes, and, yes, I would admit that he does not seem to be the easiest person to get on with. However, it is simply because of his manner that his independantly assayed GcMAF is available to you. He has had 2 laboratories shut down because of the medical mafia, and is no longer able to operate in his home country. However, his stubbornness and bloody-mindedness, which some (including myself at times) might find rude and aggressive means that he sticks with this product, ensures that every batch is checked and assayed, and give hope to sufferers, many of whom give good positive feedback regarding their CFS, autism or cancer.

Daffodil

thanks garcia.

so i have been looking up some science journals.....i could be wrong but it looks like normal people have a soluble CD14 of lower than 2000. so why am i considered "normal" at UNEVEX if mine was approx 7700 (sorry cannot remember exact number). but they told me they compared it to normal controls.

a few weeks ago, i was told that i was the only one who has had the test there so far....and i am not sure of the units, either. in the papers i looked up, it looks like it's ng/ml.

i will have to bother them again.

Rrrr

daffodil,

please do not take more gcmaf until you feel this toxic feeling has passed. i had to wait 6 wks for my toxic feeling to pass. so i took a 6 wk break from gcmaf. (my toxic feeling came after my 7th shot of gcmaf. so after my 7th shot, i took a 6 wk break until the toxic feeling passed. i wish i had just taken less gcmaf to begin with, in the first place, so that i never would have had the toxic feeling. i was on .20 cc per week. after the toxic feeling passed, i dropped to 0.10 cc per week and even that can be too much.

like others said, it is not about raising the dose higher. it is about being able to tolerate the dose you feel your body can handle. not more. more is WORSE for you. so do not raise the dose. that seems foolish. do not take so much gcmaf that you feel worse. that is bad for your body. many folks have said this to you, gently but persistently, so i hope you can hear it now. :) we don't want you sicker.

Rrrr

i'm so sorry it is so hard. i hear you. i really do.

are you on nexavir? if you are not on an antiviral (like nexavir) at the same time, it could be that gcmaf can mess you up.

on the other hand, i personally know some folks who did better on gcmaf even without an antiviral.

it is all a big fat experiment and we are the suckers in it!

all we can do is feel our way through the dark and use educated guesses -- and educate each other from our own past experiences.

Daffodil

thanks, rrr. i hope your relapse from overdoing it is a little better.

well i told dr. enlander that i was doing great on the gcmaf...cuz it had only been 6 shots and i was up doing things. i told him the fog was still bad but there was and still is an increase in energy. so i cannot say that i am doing badly on it.

it's just that the fog is so bad right now, probably due to the increase to 0.18. dr. enlander actually told me to take 0.15 for 2 weeks, then increase to 0.2...but i went ahead with the 0.18 so really its my fault.

maybe it takes a long time before some people can increase... i dont know.

i am taking hepapressin too.

it's just my being impatient that is likely causing the problems. i dont know why i am so impatient these days. i guess the fog just sometimes really gets to me more than on other days.

i really appreciate the comments and concern.

xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Daffodil

oh one more thing.....i think a scientist i spoke to a few weeks ago told me that in CFS, one would expect to find LOW sCD14...not high. is that true?

Daffodil

hi again, all. so i woke up feeling awful again and just want to acknowledge that i definitely should not have gone up to 0.18. even that 0.03 ng of gcmaf makes a huge difference. i will likely have to take another week off the gcmaf and then just stay at 0.15!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
hi again, all. so i woke up feeling awful again and just want to acknowledge that i definitely should not have gone up to 0.18. even that 0.03 ng of gcmaf makes a huge difference. i will likely have to take another week off the gcmaf and then just stay at 0.15!!

Personally, I think you should stay off it until all the symptoms that extra bit of GcMAF gave you are gone. That could take more than another week.

Sushi

Daffodil

ok i will do it. i think this is like a mild chemotherapy cuz i think my hair are falling out. i dont care, though

xoxo

Hello there. Have any of you used GcMAF from more than one source? I am currently using it from gcmaf.eu but a friend is looking to buy from BGLI. I am wondering if there is much of a difference between the two options? Any feedback would be appreciate.....UNLESS you are somehow affiliated with one of these companies or a competitor....then please do not respond.

Regards,
Candy

lobba123

i am curious about the japanese soruce but i guess it is not suitable for CFS, do we have any info on the makers?are they really the scientists who worked with yamamoto?

as bgli one hiv+ guy, computergeek in this forum tried both bgli first and gcmaf.eu after he got nagalase down but he stopped therapy with nagalase not fully normal, i think 0.7.he did not have a huge cd4 rise but improved anyway.also nagalase kept lowering towards 0.6 one year off gcmaf
http://forums.questioningaids.com/showthread.php?t=6631&page=93

Hello there. Have any of you used GcMAF from more than one source? I am currently using it from gcmaf.eu but a friend is looking to buy from BGLI. I am wondering if there is much of a difference between the two options? Any feedback would be appreciate.....UNLESS you are somehow affiliated with one of these companies or a competitor....then please do not respond.

Regards,
Candy

CindyWillis

i have tried all three bgli, gcmaf.eu, and Dr. Demelier's which came through Dr. Erlander. I had the most inflammation and maybe 4 boils a week with bgli, the second most but much reduced with gcmaf.eu (2 boils a week) and no boils and very little inflammation with Dr. DeMelier's through Dr. Erlander. I used these three within a five month span of time and used the first for 1 year, the second for two months and the third for two months. All appeared to work equally well but the inflammation and boils were different for each. As I go up on the dosage of the third I notice slightly more inflammation but nothing really noticeable except more retention of water.

Regards,
Candy

Rrrr

thanks, cindy, for your input. helpful to hear that.

one thought, tho: when comparing the different sources of gcmaf, we need to state how large a dose we were on for each source, how often we were taking it and the method (subc, IM or IV) -- otherwise the comparisons are not going to be accurate.

for example, maybe cindy (or anyone) reacted so strongly to one dose over another because of a different amount she took, or a diff method of application (like subcu vs IV)? just some thoughts.

rrrr

Spring

for example, maybe cindy (or anyone) reacted so strongly to one dose over another because of a different amount she took, or a diff method of application (like subcu vs IV)? just some thoughts.

rrrr

Also, the state you're in will influence the reaction. You will react different on a same dose from whoever when your nagalase is higher or already lowered.

People react different to the same dose from the same suppliers over time. Inflammation will build up, nagalase drops and immunosuppression gets less.

People react different to Gc Maf at all, so its difficult to compare. Only the substances could be compared, but who is gonna do that?