• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Inge, I was on about .75mg for those 2 years. I noticed that the klonopin was actually making me feel worse so I decided to go off. What I didn't know is that this med is highly addictive and it very hard to come off them. It took me 8 month of pure hell to withdraw from this EVIL medication.

Hi Alex,

Sorry you had such a hard time with clonazepam. I think we all process these meds differently. I've been taking a low dose of clonazepam for about 3 years. I take. .25 at night and then as needed during the day. Funny thing is, if I am having a "good day" and don't have excitotoxicity, I don't take any clonazepam and never feel any withdrawal or need for it. I may go several days without taking any, and feel fine.

On a bad day, when I have chest pressure I take .25 as needed--maybe 2 or 3 times a day. I seem to be able to take it and drop it as needed. Who knows? But when I need it, the chest pressure and pain are relieved very quickly with a small dose.

Hope you have found something else that works for you and isn't addictive.

Best,
Sushi

Sushi

I'm gonna fess up to an unexpected effect I'm getting since on GcMAF--libido! That thing we've forgotten about, is raising its voice again! ;)

Anybody else?!

Sushi

Daffodil

hi all. im not up to reading the entire thread...can someone please tell me if GcMAF is panning out for anyone?

thank you!
sue

froufox

interesting.. and very perceptive froufox...
what are you doing to help lymphatics and your gut?
That's the thing isn't, it , our detox systems are kind of a brake on our rate of healing...because they cannot handle it.

Hi aquariusgirl, yeah exactly, we can only go at the rate that our bodies will allow, and i really feel that because my gut was so congested, it put extra strain on my lymphatic system leading to a backlog of toxins, which just ended up leading to more inflammatory type symptoms. And with low hormones everything slows down and it just becomes a vicious circle doesnt it?

To be honest Ive been through worse and came out the other side so I am tempted to push through and continue doing the injections weekly at the prescribed dose but will play it by ear and see how things go.

To support the lymph I might start doing skin brushing again followed by hot/cold showers and for gut will just carry on taking probiotics and maybe start doing enemas again which i used to do regularly in the past. Have also got one of Dr Schulze's gut formulas (no 2) to help with gut cleansing.

Sushi

hi all. im not up to reading the entire thread...can someone please tell me if GcMAF is panning out for anyone?
thank you!
sue

Hi Sue,

Most of us taking GcMAF have not taken it for long. I think we are all getting some encouragement though ,as we are noticing changes and the real crash days haven't been so often. One person taking it perhaps the longest has noticed a lot of improvement, but not a "cure."

Another taking it short-term (but hasn't been sick long) feels remarkably better.

Note: those posting on this thread are getting GcMAF from different sources and we haven't figured out how to evaluate whether there are differences, and if so what they are. Most seem to be getting it from KDM.

For me and at least one other sleep is longer and more refreshing, there has been slightly more stamina, and there has been noticeable immune activation--everything from sore throats, to fluish, to sinus and ear infections draining.

The worst side-effect has been the occasional classic crash which felt like die-off and an increase in inflammatory cytokines. For me and one other I know of, this lasted just over a day--and on the day after injection which is supposed to be the height of macrophage activity and increase in number.

Garcia has created a spreadsheet to track those taking GcMAF and he has linked it in this thread, but reading here occasionally is likely to give you more info. For one patient, who has taken GcMAF for quite a few months, they now test XMRV negative but still have a lot of symptoms--perhaps from the damage of long-term illness.

Hope we all improve whatever approach we are taking to this beast!

Best wishes,
Sushi

froufox

I had my second injection yesterday afternoon and yes, today I have felt awful, just as you describe. I woke up with terrible pains in my limbs, somehow more muscular rather than neurological. Now, 24hrs later, I can kind of feel it lifting a bit. I felt exactly the same way last week with the first shot, but I thought it might have been something to do with the travelling...now I know!

Overall I have been very careful this week, resting up a lot and eating a very restricted diet. As you know I also started Nexavir (daily shot), antibiotics and 20mg of VitB12 per week, plus other things. I have to say that I improved as the week progressed and I even had a spring in my step yesterday on the way to the clinic for my second shot!!!

On Monday I finish my first course of antibiotics and switch to Mutaflor (probiotic) for three weeks. I wonder how I'm going to react!

Hope you all continue to progress!!!

Sorry you've been feeling so rough aswell fifla4, but glad you are feeling a bit better and noticing some improvements! Thats great. Good luck with the abx and the Nexavir and hope u also continue to make progress!

Sushi, out of curiousity, what is the longest spread between days that you haven't taken klonopin? Because it usually takes about 4 days to start getting the withdrawal symptoms. But yes, everybody is different!

Sushi

Sushi, out of curiousity, what is the longest spread between days that you haven't taken klonopin? Because it usually takes about 4 days to start getting the withdrawal symptoms. But yes, everybody is different!

Hi Alex,

I've gone longer than 4 days. Generally if I don't have to go out and do errands, I don't need to take it. Haven't keep track of the intervals though.

Taking GcMAF has increased excitotoxicity hence I am needing to take more clonazepam, but still not taking much. Today I didn't go out so only took .25 mg. I think the GcMAF is giving us sort of "die-off"--toxic XMRV envelopes--and that is increasing excitotoxicity. Just a guess though.

Sushi

leela

Hey--let's start a thread "Going Off Clonazepam", what do you think?
There are people with *very* different experiences in this realm and I'm curious to hear them.
I am particularly interested myself in hearing if those with difficulty titrated slowly, and if they felt that
the difficulty was due to still needing it neurologically or not.

So I will start that thread now, so we can avoid hijacking this most excellent thread tracking those on GcMAF.

vli

Hi all, just wanted to say how much I've missed you guys while i was away! Just wanted to thank Serg and anyone else who's been reporting on their progress on Gcmaf, and that if anyone'd like to hear it, I'm willing to write about what the stomach biopsy for me was like in Belgium (the procedure itself only lasted 10/15 mins).

vli

Regarding clonazepam, Sushi just wanted to say I agree with you that everyone processes these drugs differently and my experience is similar. When I'm not stressed I don't need klonopin at all and can go for days without it, but I can't imagine not having it there if I DO have lots of excitotoxicity. Just my 2 cents.

thanks froufox for your desires
I feel that my body has been really struggling with detox and inflammation stirred up by the GcMAF at least partly due to a messed up gut, low metabolic energy/hormones and congested lymphatics.
I have a diet adapted in function of FOODStats test results and a treatment additional for gut disorder, also faecal microbial analysis and treatment. prescribed by KDM. My gut is very good now.
All for aid with neurotoxic.

I'm gonna fess up to an unexpected effect I'm getting since on GcMAF--libido! That thing we've forgotten about, is raising its voice again! ;)

Anybody else?!

Yesssss, I believe that my hormones work better, mainly the sexual ones, also I can support stress better, I have more authority, security and capacity to make decisions. I am very happy with the changes.

Best wishes,

aquariusgirl

Tormenta

are you taking the gcmaf IV?

and how were you able to clean up your gut? targetted anti biotics and probiotics?

vli

when you say klonopin, are you using klonopin, or the generic clonazepam?

Sorry if I confused anyone, I didn't even know there was generic clonazepam. The only clonazepam I've ever seen is the pill manufactured by Roche, and it's not even called Klonopin, but Rivotril.

acer2000

I'd like to hear about it too. I thought ever since they did that study on monkeys and found XMRV there that it would be a great study tissue to look for XMRV in people.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Garcia has created a spreadsheet to track those taking GcMAF and he has linked it in this thread, but reading here occasionally is likely to give you more info. For one patient, who has taken GcMAF for quite a few months, they now test XMRV negative but still have a lot of symptoms--perhaps from the damage of long-term illness.

Hi Sushi, many thanks for keeping us updated with your experiences. Very interesting! Just to say it was Joey who created the spreadsheet. I just keep linking to it, talking of which, here it is again:

Joey's GcMAF Spreadsheet

vli

stomach biopsy

I'd like to hear about the gut biopsy, yes.
Sorry if this account is a bit scatty, I was very tired the day of the biopsy.

KDM referred me to a doc in Vilvoorde 15 min or so from Himmunitas to do the biopsy. I'd never done one before. The doc sprayed some liquid anesthesia--the name of which now escapes me, sorry--to numb my throat which tasted bad. It works immediately, then you then lie down and he puts a piece of apparatus--sorry again don't know the name--into your mouth to stop you from swallowing, then proceeds to slowly insert a tube/camera? down your throat and into your gut. Because of the position I was lying in I could only catch a second's glance at the screen the doc was looking at so I don't know what it looks like inside. You can feel when he has reached your stomach but you really have to stop yourself from swallowing or gagging the whole time. Personally I just felt him scrape around a bit then he took the tube back out. The whole thing lasted at most 15 minutes including him explaining what he was gonna do before he gave the anesthesia.

Oh and 'cause I'd never had a biopsy before I don't know what "full sedation" is, but I declined it when he asked me which I'm GUESSING would've meant a shot to anesthetise your gut/stomach as well. If one chooses that then one wouldn't need to suppress one's gag reflex.

That's about all that I know; hope that helps even a little...