• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Daffodil

i know i am behind and still have to read this entire thread - i am on page 14 lol - can someone tell me if the gcmaf is given to you frozen? if i can get it, i would like to make arrangements such as styrofoam container and dry ice etc for the plane...

thank you
xoxo

aquariusgirl

Ideally, yes, it should be kept frozen. Mine got defrosted over the Atlantic & it still seems to work....I think KDM has said it can be defrosted a bunch of times before it loses potency.

Daffodil

aqua thats awesome. i have a small lab quality insulated box..it will hold about 3.5 lbs of dry ice pellets (or so i am told)...i am hoping that will be enough but i am a little worried...those lines can get long. the airport security people said the drug has to have all proper labelling on it lilke a normal drug - my name, the doctors name, etc etc...is GCMAF given like that?

also..what size are the vials? how many vials will there be for 18 doses? does the patient dilute it themselves before injecting?

xoxo

Daffodil

so when you guys send blood from US to Redlabs in Belgium, do you send it at room temperature? it stays stable 48 hrs?

which tests do you need? VDR polymorphism and the MTHFR (lol funny abbreviation) for gcmaf?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
so when you guys send blood from US to Redlabs in Belgium, do you send it at room temperature? it stays stable 48 hrs?

which tests do you need? VDR polymorphism and the MTHFR (lol funny abbreviation) for gcmaf?

Depends on the test. Some need ice bricks. FedEx is helpful but you have to know how to fill out their forms so it goes thru customs. You can get MTHFR done at Quest or lots of labs. Mine got to Belgium in 30 hours from the western US.

Sushi

Daffodil

thanks sushi. do you think enlander will give me the medicine on the first trip? does KDM give it on the first visit or does he make you wait until your test results are in?

also...can you get to the website betterhealthgyuy.com? i have been trying for weeks but always get error message. he reports on his gcmaf trial...

thank you:)

Daffodil

thanks mojoey. for me, the home page works but when i click on "gcmaf" i get "unable to open internet site. operation aborted".

and those bell enlander gcmaf videos wont play for me either.

wonder if it has something to do with my being in canada. i can try hiding my ISP perhaps.

could you tell me if betterhealthguy had good experience with gcmaf?

gosh...i am just thinking i should order it and begin injecting it. i cant even lift my left arm let alone travel; the chest pain is so bad and the overall malaise is just so severe now. i am stuck.

wonder if enlander would do a phone cunsult without my seeing him first...

aquariusgirl

I don't think anybody is testing for the MTHFR SNP in relation to gcmaf, are they?

I was listening to Dr Gary Gordon recently (founder of ACAM) & yes, very much a salesman. He said he assumes all his patients have methylation issues and puts them on TMG, MSM & methyl B12 & methylfolate.

He said he does do teh gene testing..72 SNPs thru some lab in Australia.

With ref: to GcMaf: I thought the relevant test was nagalese, but as you know Enlander doesn't think this test is up to snuff. I read he took a blood sample, divided it into 3, and sent 3 samples in under different names & got different results for all 3.

I think its all just a work in progress at the moment, in terms of eligibility criteria, protocols, side effects etc. Just my impression.

Nabo, I do not know whether it is the Gc-MAF or the Artesunate that causes your new symptoms--or an interaction between the two. But Efferth 2010 (you can read the abstract in the Research thread) does report a few reports of ototoxicity (inner ear, hearing), which presumably could lead to dizziness. One problem with the research on Artesunate is that nearly all the human use of the drug has been short term intensive anti-malarial stuff--Efferth does warn that long term use rather than short-term high intensity use seems associated with the build up of problems. You could try just stopping the Artesunate to see whether that helps? Chris

Thanks for your respond.

i am know only using gc maf.. so i hope i feel better soon!

Sushi

thanks sushi. do you think enlander will give me the medicine on the first trip? does KDM give it on the first visit or does he make you wait until your test results are in?

I have no idea how Enlander does his prescribing of GcMAF but his office or some of his other patients may tell you. I got GcMAF on my first visit, but I had a lot of lab work with me that supported giving it. Some docs want lab work, others may not. I think some base lines are a good idea.

Hope you find someone who can help you in NYC.

Best,
Sushi

shannah

for me, the home page works but when i click on "gcmaf" i get "unable to open internet site. operation aborted".

and those bell enlander gcmaf videos wont play for me either.

wonder if it has something to do with my being in canada. i can try hiding my ISP perhaps.

I'm in Canada Daf and just a couple of hours away from you and have no problem with Scott's site. Don't know what the problem could be but I'll post direct links and see if that gets you anywhere.

GcMaf page: http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/247-gcmaf

GcMaf log: http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/250-gcmaf-log

shannah

Message just posted on FB from Scott re his site. Maybe this has had something to do with you not being able to gain access Daff.

"My apologies. It appears that PHA changed their file structure on their server which made all of the article links on my site no longer work properly. They have been updated now and all the article links should be once again working. If you see any that are not, please let me know so that I can correct. Thanks!"

mojoey

Daff,

Yes I've spoken with Scott about his experience. All he's experienced was more inflammation (quite unpleasant for awhile) and so far no benefits.

Daffodil

thanks guys. i downloaded firefox and now can access the bettherhealthguy website:)

i see he hasnt been on it that long...

xoxo

Daffodil

i found out that dr. enlander gives you the vials frozen but the secretary said they can be kept for a long time at room temp. gmcaf.eu sends it frozen so i am wondering what to do.

i also find it odd that people thaw out the vial for 10 min, inject, and then re-freeze. it still stays good? 10 min is enough for it to liquifiy?

Sushi

i found out that dr. enlander gives you the vials frozen but the secretary said they can be kept for a long time at room temp. gmcaf.eu sends it frozen so i am wondering what to do.

i also find it odd that people thaw out the vial for 10 min, inject, and then re-freeze. it still stays good? 10 min is enough for it to liquifiy?

Mine don't thaw in 10 minutes--more like a half an hour. When I thaw a vial, I divide it into several insulin syringes (4 for my dose) and inject one and refreeze the other syringes and thaw one a week.

One study found that GcMAF kept at room temperature lost half its potency in 2 weeks.

Sushi

Lou

Hi Daffodil,

I think you'll find gcmaf.eu ships frozen, however recommends only refridgeration(37-39F) once received. Mine worked fine this way. Getting started may not be as overwhelming as you think, much information is provided at time of order.

Forebearance

My GcMAF from GcMAF.eu came in a thermos with ice inside, but it was not frozen. Upon its arrival I followed other people's advice and divided it up into syringes with one dose in each. Then I froze whatever I wouldn't use within eight weeks and refrigerated the rest.

Different sources of GcMAF seem to give out different instructions. My source said it can be frozen once, but that's it. No re-freezing allowed.

I think the doses are so small, even a standard dose, that if you take one out of the freezer it thaws quickly.