• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fungal issues since starting methylation

Hi everyone. I have been experiencing really significant benefits over recent months by doing my own trial and error version of starting up methylation, beginning with trace minerals ala the B12 oils protocol. I was planning to post about what exactly I've done and experienced a while down the line if the benefits hold. But now that I'm getting established on a really low amount of methylcobalamin I feel like my fungal load is getting out of balance. I'm assuming by doing methylation I'm inadvertently feeding the bugs, but I really don't want to back off because the energy benefits are huge. I would really appreciate advice from anyone else who's been through this. I don't want to create further problems for myself down the line, and I'm not sure how to juggle all of these factors!

Thanks in advance

Gondwanaland

Taking B vitamins can deplete Zinc and Vitamin C, which help in the modulation of the immune system.