• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fake prescription drugs

xks201

Has anyone else had problems getting real drugs? So far just about every drug or hormone I have filled has been fake, having been on them for six years successfully. That’s in St. Louis MISSOURI at least. The biggest thing I’m pissed about is the testosterone being fake. Luckily I have injectable solu medrol because the cortef and prednisone and dexamethssone pills are all fake here. Just curious if anyone else here noticed anything.

xebex

are the drugs from a legit pharmacy and how do you know they are fake? Not judging or anything just want more info.

thanks.

xks201

Yeah from any of the biggest 5 pharmacies and small local ones. I’ve tested them in NMR and with a roid test kit. That and after six years on them without a hitch feel absolutely nothing from them.

xebex

So the test is showing them as fake? Wow! Did you tell the pharmacy?

the main reason I ask is because there is a strange phenomenon with ME when drugs and supps that did work seem to stop working. I got a lot of help from ritalin it works for about 3 days then bang, nothing, if I take a break for a month or so it works again. So weird. Also there lots of talk about generics not being as good as brand name drugs. pharmacies refuse to accept this is a thing, a lot of time the drug is the same but the delivery method doesn’t actually work in the generic. This happened with bupropion. And some claim it has happened with ritalin.

Sounds incredibly implausible that a regular high street pharmacy would be selling fake drugs.

How are you testing these drugs?
+1 - I would be second guessing your tests, not the pharmacy. If a pharmacy is dispensing fake/illegitimate drugs, then that is a major lawsuit.

xks201

It’s like that movie that just came out about toxic teflon. They sued for years and it took forever. Some people take the fake drugs and the placebo effect kicks in. In fact I’ve taken a fake drug from just about every drug company there is. That’s how rampant the problem is here.

Hip

In fact I’ve taken a fake drug from just about every drug company there is. That’s how rampant the problem is here.

Where is your evidence? How are you testing these drugs? Which analytical lab are you sending the drugs to?

Last edited:

xks201

I almost have a chemistry degree and analyzed one myself at the college nmr machine. The testosterone was tested via the roid test kit marketed online. All the other drugs I’ve just taken and felt nothing . I have adrenal insufficiency so it’s pretty easy to tell if your cortisol or prednisone doesn’t work.

Hip

I almost have a chemistry degree and analyzed one myself at the college nmr machine.

I applaud your hands-on approach to testing, it must be fascinating to use an nuclear magnetic resonance machine for chemical testing.

However, unless you are familiar with such testing, in the way that an analytical lab which routinely performs this testing daily would be, I imagine there might be issues of methodological error to consider.

Did you do any NMR testing on pharmaceutical drugs which you know to be legit, as a positive control? To make sure that your testing methodology is up to scratch?

xks201

No, everything I have tested has been fake. The roid test kit marketed online is very simple. You put some oil in a test tube and see what color it changes. I just filled midodrine for example which is supposed to raise BP and it did nothing . Fake. That’s empirical but the rest isn’t. I’ve been on some of these mediations for six years and know what they see are supposed to do. Do you take any prescriptions HIP? Anything you’d feel?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
No, everything I have tested has been fake. The roid test kit marketed online is very simple. You put some oil in a test tube and see what color it changes. I just filled midodrine for example which is supposed to raise BP and it did nothing . Fake. That’s empirical but the rest isn’t. I’ve been on some of these mediations for six years and know what they see are supposed to do. Do you take any prescriptions HIP? Anything you’d feel?
But Midodrine is not a steroid, it is an alpha-adrenergic agonist. I’ve never had any problem with medications not working (including Midodrine), and I do take a variety of medications where it would be obvious if they were not working.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I take levothyroxine (thyroid) medicine and if I stop taking it my heart rate goes very low (bradycardia). My heart rate has been fine so I think my medicine is legit.

Edit: Same with my mom on her bp med. It's working like it always has for her.

JES

Yeah they’re actually all fake here.

I can't comment on the testing methodology, but judging drugs by how you feel is generally a bad idea in ME/CFS. There is a subgroup of ME/CFS patients who no longer respond to anything and I wouldn't rule out that's what happened to you, seems to me more likely than that every pharmacy are selling fakes. I also don't respond the same way to drugs anymore as five years ago, that's one crux of this disease.

I have just filled my prescription for dexamethasone and I can tell you it was absolutely the real deal. Filled in Walgreens near Indianapolis.