• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epstein Barr Quer

Our daughter has ME and has had non stop recurrent viral episodes. Recent bloods show

Epstein Barr VCA IgG 223 U/ml , positive result > = 20 U/ml
Epstein Barr EBNA IGG 34 U/ml, positive result > = 20 U/ml

Epstein Barr VCA IgM <20 U/ml , borderline 20-39 U/ml

Can any medics or scientists advise, she has been very unwell for 7 weeks all the symptoms of glandular fever , do these results show glandular fever? Bloods only taken 4 weeks in. Is it correct to say they show current active Epstein Barr infection and previous infection and borderline glandular or ? I don't want to say glandular fever if that is not correct.

JaimeS

upload_2017-3-2_18-38-3.png

Hopefully this will help. From here: https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ebv/tab/test/#what

Unfortunately, without the EAD -IgG it's hard to say if this is past or current infection. FWIW, I think you're right and it's both -- a recurring infection. But are you sure you don't have that last value?

I'm not a physician and this should not be taken as medical advice.

Last edited: