• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Drenching Night Sweats

maple

@Matthew_2 I have heard this can be a symptom of babesia. Check out lymedisease.org. Babesia is difficult to treat, but not impossible, I think. (I trust you have had a good work up for hormonal imbalances too?). Good luck.

Garz

several vector born infections that case extreme fatigue and PEM as part of their symptoms picture are also known to cause drenching night sweats as a classic symptom.

Babesia in particular

it used to be considered largely a disease affecting those with immunosuppression only ( eg patients on organ transplant immune suppression drugs, splenectomised patients and AIDS patients )

however, its general prevalence and in particular its prevalence in immunocompetent patients is increasing

Babesiosis-Bartonellosis-and-Lyme-Borreliosis-Symptom-Reference-Updated-06.07.23.png