• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Systrom speaks today

Rufous McKinney

Dr. Systrom mentioned that disappearing fingerprints go with small fiber neuropathy. That was a new connection for me.

thanks, will listen later.

Fingerprint issues came up on a PR thread a few years ago: I sent photos of mine.

I find the missing fingerprint thing is sort of a good one : you can wave your hands at the doctors and stare at your own missing fingerprints and Doctors are rather speechless, I have found. Its an odd type of proof.

Someday, I have to enter an airport and go see my daughter (maybe stay there, and not come back to here, is the hope).

They use thumb prints in customs. And this literally SCARES me. That I might be literally trapped somewhere by Government Services. Did you know there is no cell phone service when your there trapped in customs? How would you call somebody to come save you?

___
Things I think I "figured out"

subcutaneous fat loss is actually loss of collagen and connective tissue- we go Soft

The body's physical structure can be altered by ME and the loss of this structural tissue. Whats going on with ducts, and areas of the body that need structural support ( scary to contemplate)

My finger tips have collapsed, broken down padding. My fingers "appear" wrinkled all the time (the water effect) only I have determined its a "different" type of wrinkling. My feet still wrinkle in water, but last week I proved parts of my feet do not wrinkle AT ALL (neurological problem there).

Barely left fingerprints are underneath the collapsed tissue so the whole thing just doesn't work as an ID this person. And now a second country thinks they will use those fingerprints? (my daughter is in Mexico; we got a VISA)

My right side is much sicker. Does this happen to anybody else, I mean LISTS of symptoms primarily only one one side? And "structure" is going missing. (aka my right nipple is in the act of disappearing) (and is neurologically abnormal now, yet worked as I was able to breast feed my daughter)

I just read the healthrising writeup on this. It said there is a study that found 10/11 pwme had citrate synthase deficiency. Does anyone know more about this?

Belbyr

I just read the healthrising writeup on this. It said there is a study that found 10/11 pwme had citrate synthase deficiency. Does anyone know more about this?

Yes, that is the report but apparently the drug company was paying for the muscle biopsies, which are very expensive per Dr Systrom.

It seems Ron Davis and other notable researchers are finding this issue as well, it’s just a matter of what’s causing it?

Rufous McKinney

Read below online...

Citrate synthase is responsible for the rate of reaction in the first step of the cycle when the acetyl-CoA is combined with oxaloacetic acid to form citrate. It is inhibited by high concentrations of ATP, acetyl-CoA, and NADH which indicates an already high level of energy supply.

wabi-sabi

CItrate synthetase is at the start of the Krebs cycle (citric acid cycle or TCA cycle).

Glucose eventually gets turned into acetyl CoA at the end of glycolysis. Acetyl CoA goes into the TCA cycle, where it reacts with oxaloacetate to form citrate. Citrate synthetase is the enzyme that catalyses that reaction.

The significance of that? Guessing here, but it seems to be a problem with energy production in the mitochondria. There's been lots of research over the years on whether or not we have a mito problem, and if so, if what part of the mitos. I think he mentioned in another part of the talk that some of the pwME he worked with had mito problems and some didn't.

One more piece of the puzzle... eager to see whole picture soon.

Rufous McKinney

Glucose eventually gets turned into acetyl CoA at the end of glycolysis. Acetyl CoA goes into the TCA cycle, where it reacts with oxaloacetate to form citrate. Citrate synthetase is the enzyme that catalyses that reaction.

reminds me of DCA....dichloroacetate - its involved in this cycle also.

thats my most costly Not Launched n=1 project. I ordered it because it was a COVID cure in Jan 2020.

Rufous McKinney

When the talk is posted you should be able to see the slides to get the reference. I sure can't remember it off the top of my head. It should be posted to the same page.

I was surprised to hear the study in Japan failed. That seems very newsworthy but kinda buried in the SYSTROM information. Is this the first we heard of all that?