• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Says Lyme disease does not exist

GcMAF Australia

There is insufficient funds for studies on Lyme Disease. There is no proof that the other strains of Borrelia do not produce Lyme Disease.

The Lyme Conference has sexual transmission on its agenda.

LDA/Columbia's 16th annual scientific CME conference: Lyme & Other Tick-Borne Diseases: Science Bridging the Gap, November 14 & 15, 2015 at the Providence-Warwick Crowne Plaza, Warwick, Rhode Island.
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php/conf-agenda-2015

11:10–11:45 AM

Raphael B. Stricker, MD
"Evidence Suggests the Potential for Sexual Transmission"

11:45-12:20 PM

Sam T. Donta, MD
"Evidence Suggests Lyme is Not Sexually Transmissable"

kungfudao

For something to be infective, it doesn’t need to be on the level of Bubonic Plague.

Kina, The opinion of one doctor, that you presented, explaining what would be needed
to show Lyme Disease to be passed on sexually, is completely unrealistic, and that to me only
shows why it is so hard to prove. Using human Ginny pigs, The intimate partner must be shown to have a negative western Blot,proof of the absence of a tick bite, proof that the partner could only have been sickened by intimacy.

His personal opinion ,Quote:The absence of prospective confirmation of illness in intimate cases ends all scientific discussion in the study about existence of transmission of Lyme through intimate contact alone.
What about a conversation about Epidemiology.

You also said Quote: Leptospirosis is also caused by a spirochete and it's not sexually transmitted.
The World Heath Organization says it is.
http://www.searo.who.int/about/administration_structure/cds/CDS_leptospirosis-Fact_Sheet.pdf

Aside from the possibility of being a STD.

Women have monthly cycles, (blood) a man or woman could have a open sore.

It is transmitted blood to blood.

Lyme is said to be at least 10 times more prevalent than HIV in the US.
Not to mention it is the fastest growing infectious disease in the united States,and many of these sick people have no idea how they got sick???

What other spirochetes cause multi systemic disease, Alzheimer Dementia, Heart and Brain infections ect. There is a reason why pathologist Alan Mac Donald uses Syphilis as a model for the possible out comes of Lyme disease.
History of Bio warfare, Plumb Island,and the Internet being plastered with missinformation, looks to me like a big coverup.

People are waking up,paying attention,and noticing something is very wrong.

Last edited:

Antares in NYC

I got Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, babesia, chlamydia pneumoniae from my boyfriend and started to be ill after 1-2 weeks of our relationship. I have had even the same bands in WB tests that he has (Igenex). He has all this infections over 20 years. I had been in a hell after 2.5 months until beginning of a treatment. We kissed and had safe sex. I am new in the USA, and I was a resident of a megalopolis in Europe. I have never had this symptoms in my life before this relationship, I was checked for American types of infections, I have never had a tick bite, I spend my life studying and working indoors, I have not had pets. So, yes, it is possible to transmit this infections through saliva and/or safe sex. Maybe our case will be helpful to some people. Also, one my Lyme doctor said that she had a couple with the same situation. He was an American, she was from Japan. She got Lyme disease plus others from him.
Unfortunately I have a very similar story to tell, but I will do so later, with a bit more time. Yes, Lyme can be transmitted by intimate contact, and I have witnessed that to my horror and pain.

Mij

Reading the subject title I couldn't help but notice this in the news the other day:

"Const. George Hawkins died in Brandon, Man. in 1968. He died from encephalitis — which can cause brain inflammation and sometimes seizures — after sustaining a tick bite while tracking down a suspect in the Turtle mountains area, in southwest Manitoba."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...red-at-rcmp-commemoration-in-regina-1.3226233

kungfudao

i think we all know plenty of people who seemingly got CFS (lyme?) via saliva...what does that mean?
To me It means,we shouldn't be closing doors on possible ways of transmission, but opening doors, And definitely doing,and continuing good research.
Closing doors is what got us where we are .
Plus it could be mononucleosis alone, or mono could have triggered dormant lyme

Last edited:

kungfudao

There is insufficient funds for studies on Lyme Disease. There is no proof that the other strains of Borrelia do not produce Lyme Disease.

The Lyme Conference has sexual transmission on its agenda.

LDA/Columbia's 16th annual scientific CME conference: Lyme & Other Tick-Borne Diseases: Science Bridging the Gap, November 14 & 15, 2015 at the Providence-Warwick Crowne Plaza, Warwick, Rhode Island.
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php/conf-agenda-2015

11:10–11:45 AM

Raphael B. Stricker, MD
"Evidence Suggests the Potential for Sexual Transmission"

11:45-12:20 PM

Sam T. Donta, MD
"Evidence Suggests Lyme is Not Sexually Transmissable"
That would have been interesting to see.

kungfudao

I am actually going to be starting this combination of Daptomycin, Cefoperazone,and Doxycycline ,The research paper looks very promising considering it was done in a petri dish. It has been approved by my ins...Cant wait... a bit of hope after a long ugly ride.

I finally got all the medications, and Iv'e been on a full dose 2 days.
It takes 4-5 hours a day, IV. Its to soon to tell, but its definitely doing something. I feel it tingling in my Brain where I have had chronic headaches for a decade. Of course it hard on you to be o that much medicine, But over all its good and tolerable.
My mental clarity does seem to be improving.

Antares in NYC

I finally got all the medications, and Iv'e been on a full dose 2 days.
It takes 4-5 hours a day, IV. Its to soon to tell, but its definitely doing something. I feel it tingling in my Brain where I have had chronic headaches for a decade. Of course it hard on you to be o that much medicine, But over all its good and tolerable.
My mental clarity does seem to be improving.
Very happy for you, and feeling a bit jealous but also hopeful.
Please keep us posted with your experience.

kungfudao

Very happy for you, and feeling a bit jealous but also hopeful.
Please keep us posted with your experience.
Thanks brother, I will keep you all posted. importantly I got my ins to pay for this. It was a battle but I did it.
I think there was another blog on this topic,if I find it i'll get on that too,
I cant believe I'm one of the first people to do this protocol.

Last edited:

Antares in NYC

Thanks brother, I will keep you all posted. importantly I got my ins to pay for this. It was a battle but I did it.
I think there was another blog on this topic,if I find it ill get on that too,
I cant believe I'm one of the first people to do this protocol.
Hi Kungfudao,

I wanted to ask you a favor... for me and for the rest of us dealing with this curse.
You are one of the first people (if not the first person) to try this new pulse-dose protocol of Daptomycin, Cefoperazone, and Doxycycline, as per the Johns Hopkins/Kim Lewis study.

This is what I would like to ask you: if you get cured... even if you improve considerably, please spread the news far and wide. Reach out to Dr. Kim Lewis and Dr. Zhang, and detail your experience, have your doctor do the same. Make sure other prominent LLMDs know of your experience in detail. Ask them to go to the press.

This is very important for the rest of us that are being slowly consumed to death by this relentless illness.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

kungfudao

Hello Antares,
Thank you for your heartfelt words, Right to the point, Absolutely YES
I Ironically sent an email Last night to a very powerful world wide Lyme organisation, ILADS will be next.
I do need to tip toe a bit and not throw out Names, we all know this system has its corruptions. So I never
Know who might read these letters.I have a good reason to be contacting these people because most of them
don't know that Cephoperazone is discontinued. I was very surprised to get a response within an hour by a Doctor
with this organization who personally knows the Doctors in the research. They were blown away by what I had told them.
We had some back and forth emails, and I was assured I would be hearing back from them.
I am Very aware of one of the authors in the research, and was confused by this, But the research out weighed personalities.

I had a crash and experience with Lyme that changed me forever. I found out that to someone suffering with Lyme Disease
a second is a life time, physically and mentally.I have been literally FACE DOWN IN THE DIRT. no body who hasn't been there can completely understand the dark places we can go. In the Clinics, Doctors ,Hyperbarics, Lyme groups,etc. I have met many people, I had been chatting with friends one day about our fears of the worst out come (which is not death).and a week later they went into a coma ,lungs collapsed, digestive tract shut down,and nervous system frozen ,40 lbs. she came out of the coma, could barely move, choking because she couldn't swallow (tracheotomy),Hands clenched in a fist, only able to squeeze my finger to say yes or no.I looked her in the eye (18 years old) we both remembered our conversation.
and I new I was looking at myself.

That's why it gets frustrating with these scholarly debates. They are important too, But I always keep one foot on the scholarly side and one foot on the human side.If I had three legs one would be in the grave.
The research is not finished in any stretch, and a Doctors Hypocritical oath is to do no harm, doing nothing is doing harm.If a person is on fire,PUT OUT THE FIRE FIRST,Then do research.

So Brother and Friends I will do every thing I can to spread the message. I hope it works.
the way to get ins to pay is to have it written as a medical benefit not a prescription benefit.
have your Doctor write STAT and Do Not Substitute.
More updates to come. RESPECTFULLY

Last edited:

kungfudao

Day 7 on the Borrelia Persister 3 drug combo. I was feeling OK the first 5 Days.
I think I'm herxing ,exhausted, headaches, a little ill, real cloudy headed feeling, but it still feels like something big is going on. I think this is a good sign. Time will tell.
Day 10 on Lyme persister 3 drug combo Daptomycin, Ceftaroline and Doxycycline

I'm having some better days. Today my flexibility was improved my bones, tendon's joints, and neck seem to be making improvements.
I woke up feeling improved but later in the day, that black wave hit me again.
The Daptomycin and Ceftaroline are quite easy to do I wonder if it would be an option for some people to do oral Doxy and I.V. other. it might make it more bearable,and faster for working people.
the one handed IV catheter is one of my special tricks,Ha Ha. Its like typing' every finger is working independently.

kungfudao

This is more research that demonstrates the existence of Borrellia infections after the two tier testing showed negative for Lyme in monkeys ,but when they were inoculated they were all positive for chronic Lyme in cultured tissue. this shows that much testing that was done in previous research using "standard" testing was wrong and in my opinion engineered to be wrong.
Garry Wormser makes these Quotes that are extremely unprofessional especially for the IDSA " people still sick after the recommended treatment has been called POST LYME SYNDROME"
to me that means there is no research backing up post Lyme syndrome.
The majority of Lyme related Guidelines still posted on the IDSA website has been proven to be wrong.
Well ILADS guidelines are now on the national clearinghouse website for evidence based medicine.
Post Lyme was a theory that was based on the bogus 2 week treatment cure proposed by the IDSA that is proven to be wrong. there was never a study proving post Lyme syndrome.
Although I do believe that toxins from the living bacteria add to the complications.
This research paper has been posted on other topics ,but it is very relevant to this topic, since Chronic Lyme has been challenged.
https://www.lymedisease.org/lymepolicywonk-new-study-shows-lyme-persists-in-monkeys/

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I'm very rare here, cannot read much, and it's not very easy for me to write on English. Just want to share my story that can be helpful to others. A few days ago I got my new blood results from Igenex. I had tests after 40 days on doxy, azitromycin, and tindamax. I'm also positive for bartonella. In conclusion, my boyfriend transmitted to me all infections that he has: borrelia, babesia, bartonella, anaplasmosis, chlamydia pneumoniae. I will be checked for ehrlichia next week. Trying not to think about viruses. I'm in shock. I do not want to believe in this. During 2 years, I have lived with diagnosis liver cirrhosis (I still do not know do I have it or not. I have liver fibrosis stage 2 that can be worse because only liver biopsy can show a real stage). And now I have even more. I have had this infections for 5 months. It's so sad that the third Lyme doctor started to be less sure about ways of transmission only when I described my symptoms and showed my blood results. He said after, "I do not know ways of transmission". 4.5 months ago, he said that it is not possible to transmit them by kissing and safe sex when I asked him about it. I think you can understand me why I felt a desire to kiss him when I got my first blood results.
Like almost everybody here, I went through a time when nobody believed me: my boyfriend, his Lyme doctor, PCP, doctors in Stanford ER, where I was a few times during this months with new for me severe heart problems, pain everywhere (neck, ears, head, throat, joints, muscle pain), burning in lungs and my thyroid, jumping muscles, spasms, and many others things. When I was not able even to speak, think, and move, another Lyme doctor prescribed doxy in very small amount because she knew that I would have a herx's. Of course, I had it. I feel better in some ways now, but I cannot tolerance oral antibiotics any more, so will need to start IM. My PCP refused me, and I cannot find a way to do injections to myself.
Good luck to everybody and a power to move forward and safe a sense of humour.