• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Amy Proal interviews Dr. Liisa Selin about T cell exhaustion and viral activity in ME/CFS

Learner1

pattismith

• CD8 and NK cells are low in number in ME/CFS
I do have low CD8 and my CD4/CD8 ratio is about 5.

This ratio is higher in females and is mostly under genetic control. But I just read this old paper, and it makes me wonder if Glutathione deficit might be a major factor in ME/CFS.
I feel also better with glutathione supplementation...

Differential effects of glutathione depletion on T cell subsets - PubMed (nih.gov)

. Depletion of intracellular GSH by buthionine sulfoximine (BSO), a specific inhibitor of GSH biosynthesis, decreases the proportion of CD8+ cells (i.e., increases the CD4+/CD8+ ratio), and inhibits particularly the generation of large blast-like CD8+ cells and cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) activity.

Not sure about 5 antioxidants but to save people time, here’s a summary of the patented ingredients. Seems to be any combination of the mentioned aminos acids + vitamins + chelating agents + antioxidants with a vape administration. A fifth element is (TRPA1 antagonist) is included for delivery via the lungs I believe. Lots of usual suspects in the proposed ingredient list.

“In an embodiment of the invention, a pharmaceutical composition includes at least one plant extract Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel, Subfamily A, member 1 (TRPA1) antagonist, at least one thiol amino acid containing compound, at least one vitamin, at least one chelating agent, and at least one antioxidant. The plant extract TRPA1 antagonist can be 1,8-cineole, borneol, camphor, 2-methylisoborneol, fenchyl alcohol, cardamonin, or combinations. The thiol amino acid containing compound can be a naturally-occurring compound. The thiol amino acid containing compound can be glutathione, N-acetyl cysteine, carbocysteine, taurine, methionine, or combinations. The vitamin can be a cobalamin, methylcobalamin, hydroxycobalamin, adenosylcobalamin, cyanocobalamin, cholecalciferol, thiamin, dexpanthenol, biotin, nicotinic acid, nicotinamide, nicotinamide riboside, ascorbic acid, a provitamin, or combinations. The chelating agent can be glutathione, N-acetyl cysteine, citric acid, ascorbic acid, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), or combinations. The antioxidant can be a naturally-occurring compound. The antioxidant can be berberine, catechin, curcumin, epicatechin, epigallocatechin, epigallocatechin-3-gallate, β-carotene, quercetin, kaempferol, luteolin, ellagic acid, resveratrol, silymarin, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, thymoquinone, 1,8-cineole, glutathione, N-acetyl cysteine, a cobalamin, methylcobalamin, hydroxycobalamin, adenosylcobalamin, cyanocobalamin, β-caryophyllene, or combinations.”