• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Don't let me try D again for a long time

Shoshana

Northern USA
So sorry you have that problem with vitamin d, @sunshine44
though I do admire how you have kept repeatedly trying.... to remedy anything you possibly can!

And that is an interesting article.

SO let's see, many of us do take some form of magnesium, (instead or in addition to vitamin d supplementation??)
and magnesium options do also include transdermal lotion.

Or do we plan to include more of any the foods, tolerated, that they recommended?

dark leafy greens, beans, whole grains, dark chocolate, fatty fish such as salmon, nuts, and avocados and egg

personally, I am for the salmon and.... chocolate! ;)

(Oh, note they mean real chocolate, not the kind that is mostly milk and sugar. :rolleyes: )

sunshine44

Que sera sera
thank you <3 I am doing transdermal magnesium and plan to eventually up it from one pump.

I have massive digestive issues and cannot tolerate most of those foods but can do some cooked spinach.

thank you <3

toyfoof

I just stopped taking my D vitamin, mostly because I’m looking for ways to cut back on the number of pills I take daily, and my doc put me on that in Michigan in the winter and now I live in sunny Arizona where I try to get actual sunshine vitamin D every day.

Also, I cannot take magnesium. I have tried many times but it always gives me very bad diarrhea. Luckily I do eat many of the foods mentioned that are high in it. Though my doctor has noted I am insufficient.

This is such a complex game!

Wolfcub

@sunshine44 I am sorry you have this reaction to vitamin D. As you can't tolerate many magnesium-containing foods I wonder if a small dose supplement of magnesium might help? You could start very very low, and experiment to find a dose that doesn't upset you?

I feel I may have been slightly helped by taking a vitamin D supplement....but of course we all are so different. But I only take a relatively small dose: 400 IU daily. I can also eat all magnesium foods and take a multi-vitamin/mineral daily.
The one supplement that I find doesn't suit me too much is high dose vitamin B complex. I am fine on a small dose, but had relapses slightly and exhaustion when I tried to raise it.

jesse's mom

Dang it!! You can eat asparagus though? It is rich in Vit k, A and I absolutely crave it! So sorry you are having such trouble!

I have been doing the transdermal magnesium for about a year. It does not burn me.

jesse's mom

Look at the vitamins you are supporting when you eat asparagus.
can you eat the pink himalayan salt? Are you tolerating a tiny bit of butter?

Like I said, last night a can of asparagus was my entire dinner. I am craving it right now!

I like to center myself with breath, then follow my food cravings.

Can you eat some avocado yet? Still no walnuts? I am rambling so I will sign off... I just care:hug:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
yes I can do some salt.

can't do butter anymore, mainly gallbladder.

no avocado yet but did introduce pear last night. :)

I can do most nuts but not walnuts (it kills viruss and makes my liver freak).

thank you <3