• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor in Louisiana

Daffodil

hi ginger. I used to read doctor lists many years ago and her name was on many lists. also, I know someone who saw her in tx. I think he said she was OK. if there is NO way you can leave La, Tx, or Miss, I guess I would go to her.

I would still urge you to borrow some money somehow and get to Reno or Belguim to see demeirleir. since this illness can kill you, what is the point of wasting time and money going to someone who isn't the best?

maybe there is a credit card you can apply for that gives enough welcome airmiles for a free Belgium flight....that's what I did once. once in Belgium, the tests and fees are cheaper than anywhere else.

Billt

Gingergrrl, sounds like you have a lot of things close to my son. I tend to agree that he still has active EBV. He has something thats for sure, but I am no dr. I will look into Dr Salvato this week ( she is alot closer. Can this stuff just clear on it's own at some point ? Thank you Thank you.... Bill

Billt

Daffodill, I know seems like we have wasted a year already and are no closer to getting him well. I will also look into dr demeirleir . I would think all of these real good drs should know about EBV. Seems like they all treat the CFS a bit different thou. Does anybody ready get better ? Hard to believe there are so few Drs that are treating this.
Mat have to find a way to make a trip. Has anyone ever did IGG infusions to help them ? that is what one dr here wants to do...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anybody ready get better ? Hard to believe there are so few Drs that are treating this.
Mat have to find a way to make a trip. Has anyone ever did IGG infusions to help them ?

Yes, many get better with good treatment and a smaller number actually go into "remission." It is sadly true that there are very few doctors worldwide who really have the experience and knowledge to treat this illness. So many of us have done the unthinkable and gotten on airplanes to seek treatment.

Also yes to IGG infusions, several doctors are giving them.

Sushi

Billt

Yes, many get better with good treatment and a smaller number actually go into "remission." It is sadly true that there are very few doctors worldwide who really have the experience and knowledge to treat this illness. So many of us have done the unthinkable and gotten on airplanes to seek treatment.

Also yes to IGG infusions, several doctors are giving them.

Sushi
Thank you Sushi. At least there is always hope.

Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl, sounds like you have a lot of things close to my son. I tend to agree that he still has active EBV. He has something thats for sure, but I am no dr. I will look into Dr Salvato this week ( she is alot closer. Can this stuff just clear on it's own at some point ? Thank you Thank you.... Bill

I do believe that people can get better although I will not use the word cure at this point as the science is not there yet. I am still hoping that I can improve my quality of life although I do not believe I will ever go back to where I was pre-illness (in my own case.). But I am also not giving up hope and feel there are still things out there that I have not tried or need to try again.