• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(Dentistry Question) I'm getting a crown and need to avoid metals..some advice needed (UK)

Guwop2

Just a quick question. Im getting a crown for a root-canal tooth and want to avoid all metals. I had amalgam fillings removed and it made a big difference to baseline so avoiding any heavy metals is essential. Ive asked for a white crown, which i have to pay for on the NHS (the free one is metal), however i want to make sure there arent any sneaky pieces of metal that are smuggled in somewhere underneith. Does anyone know anything about this procedure and can adavice? (especially if you are from the UK and are familiar with the system here)

Seadragon

I have three white crowns. I don't think they have any metal in them. Can you ask the dentist to check with the supplier?

You will need anaesthetic so maybe ask about what type they will use also.