• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coffee, cocoa, tea, & mold

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Why are you cutting down on your coffee intake?
Dr Amen online says caffeine is bad for the brain so I was trying to eliminate it to see if it helped with brain fog. However I think I need it for ADHD.
It turns out that I needed to stop whatever the drinks were doing to me while also taking Buhner's herbal formula.
Were those the ones you ordered recently? The ones you mentioned in that pm?
Was it the fatigue formula?

I finally stopped drinking coffee, tea, and cocoa, and my brain fog is gone and my energy is close to normal I'm very sensitive to mold. I'm wondering if there's something in the drying/fermenting process that creates allergens that maybe we don't know about. Tea is by far the worst, and I seem to also have trouble with herbal teas. I'll test herbal teas once I'm sure I'm stable.

Does anybody know what might be going on?
Coffee has high concentrations of mycotoxins as do many foods. Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites of mold. I do not have have a mold allergy. Feels more like a poising and haven't felt like this in a long time. I was out of my water damaged building for 2 years. I feel I started declining again energy wise. I am now at my mothers again and flatlined. I really don't know what to think. There is def mold in my building.

maddietod

Coffee has high concentrations of mycotoxins as do many foods. Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites of mold. I do not have have a mold allergy. Feels more like a poising and haven't felt like this in a long time. I was out of my water damaged building for 2 years. I feel I started declining again energy wise. I am now at my mothers again and flatlined. I really don't know what to think. There is def mold in my building.
I tried mycotoxin free coffee, and there was no change. The odd thing is that tea is much more problematic than coffee, but my reaction is the same as it is to mold - I go brain dead.