• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

heyitisjustin

It's possible; they could both increase REM sleep, at the cost of slow wave sleep. However I believe the effect of ACh is much stronger than that of B6.
I think I read something about people recovering from sleep deprivation initially having a great deal of REM sleep and then leveling off. So that might happen...

outdamnspot

Does Clostridium Butryicum mess with blood sugar levels or cause hypoglycemia for anyone? I remember directly supplementing with Sodium Butyrate caused issues for me.

outdamnspot

I've just finished a two-week course of Flagyl and Ampicillin for dysbiosis, and will start Miyarisan tonight. Wish me luck, I suppose?

I was curious if anyone here saw an improvement in their 'adrenal fatigue' with Miyarisan?

outdamnspot

Also, if anyone feels inclined to answer: I just noticed that the ingredients include Lactose. Would the amount of Lactose in a product like this pose issues for people who are sensitive? Milk products wreak havoc on my immune system and mood. Not sure if the net effects of CB on the microbiome would outweigh that, though.

MAF14

Also, if anyone feels inclined to answer: I just noticed that the ingredients include Lactose. Would the amount of Lactose in a product like this pose issues for people who are sensitive? Milk products wreak havoc on my immune system and mood. Not sure if the net effects of CB on the microbiome would outweigh that, though.

You could try fermenting the CB some how so that it eats up the lactose... Impossible to know how it would affect you though.

MAF14

I've just finished a two-week course of Flagyl and Ampicillin for dysbiosis, and will start Miyarisan tonight. Wish me luck, I suppose?

I was curious if anyone here saw an improvement in their 'adrenal fatigue' with Miyarisan?

I personally haven't noticed any increases in energy from CB but through out the thread I've seen a few posters like Adreno mention it.

Does Clostridium Butryicum mess with blood sugar levels or cause hypoglycemia for anyone? I remember directly supplementing with Sodium Butyrate caused issues for me.
Never heard anyone mention this through the thread but if adding RS that should help with blood sugar

hixxy

Have you actually been diagnosed as lactose intolerant? Probably more likely to be something other than lactose in the dairy that causes your problems.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Have you actually been diagnosed as lactose intolerant? Probably more likely to be something other than lactose in the dairy that causes your problems.
What makes you say that? A lot of people seem to have lactose intolerance, including me, and it's not necessarily gluten-sensitivity.

See here for example.

outdamnspot

No, I haven't. So we can react to dairy for other reasons? I wasn't sensitive to dairy pre-CFS, but it's become an issue now.

My main concern is trying to distinguish between a 'die-off' reaction from CB and a food sensitivity.

outdamnspot

You could try fermenting the CB some how so that it eats up the lactose... Impossible to know how it would affect you though.

Probably not an easy question to answer, but anyway to distinguish between 'die-off' and something like a reaction due to food intolerance ..?

I know I probably sound like I'm being pedantic, but I just don't want to further waste weeks on something where it seems like there may be a commitment to initially feeling worse (at least based on the 2 doses I tried several weeks ago).

MAF14

Probably not an easy question to answer, but anyway to distinguish between 'die-off' and something like a reaction due to food intolerance ..?

I know I probably sound like I'm being pedantic, but I just don't want to further waste weeks on something where it seems like there may be a commitment to initially feeling worse (at least based on the 2 doses I tried several weeks ago).

Not pedantic at all!

Unfortunately I'm not the best person to answer this type of question... I've never had any die off symptoms or even methylation sides at high doses

I just tried AOR probiotics as a way to ease in to the clostridium b but had I had terrible stomach cramps and would have to jet to the bathroom.

outdamnspot

I took my first dose last night (2 tabs before bed). I noticed a mild head-clearing, almost anti-inflammatory effect (?). Today, I feel more sad and depressed, sinuses are congested, and I'm also somewhat constipated. Sleep was pretty bad. I feel crashed and OI is also worse.

EDIT: So much for the constipation -- I've had about 4 bowel movements since waking up, partly thanks to coffee. So presumably die-off?

Also quite a bit of reflux, which RS gives me too.

EDIT2: 10 bowel movements for the day ..

Last edited:
I took my first dose last night (2 tabs before bed). I noticed a mild head-clearing, almost anti-inflammatory effect (?). Today, I feel more sad and depressed, sinuses are congested, and I'm also somewhat constipated. Sleep was pretty bad. I feel crashed and OI is also worse.

EDIT: So much for the constipation -- I've had about 4 bowel movements since waking up, partly thanks to coffee. So presumably die-off?

Also quite a bit of reflux, which RS gives me too.

EDIT2: 10 bowel movements for the day ..

Honestly, I tried it again to see if it had been a fluke but same results. I haven't taken it in well over a week at this point and I'm still having issues! Good grief.

outdamnspot

Honestly, I tried it again to see if it had been a fluke but same results. I haven't taken it in well over a week at this point and I'm still having issues! Good grief.

I guess you can't be certain it's the CB, since there's other strains in AOR.

I don't have any cramps or discomfort -- so I assumed all the BM's might be related to die-off.

outdamnspot

Did anyone notice worsening depression after initiating Miyarisan?

What's odd is I don't have any other 'overt' signs of inflammation that I sometimes get with immune activation; my mood is just in the gutter, though brain fog is worse too.

Last edited:

outdamnspot

Still haven't noticed anything obvious in terms of GI changes, stool changes, or immune activation. My biggest complaint would be fatigue and depression, though it's hard to pinpoint if this is actually the Miyarisan. I'm currently taking 2 tabs before bed, but may try raising it.

I am also wondering if a) the Miyarisan may have lost some potency, since I had it stored in my room during spring (before moving it to a cupboard), and b) it can be refridgerated, since it's so hot here right now?

outdamnspot

After a week on 2 tabs, I upped my dose to 3 tabs before bed last night -- feeling a lot more 'sick' today, i.e. malaised, slightly fever-ish, foggy etc., which I take as a good sign ..