• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS and the CDC's Failure to Respond: Primetime Live (1996)

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Hillary Johnson is a reporter who did the CFS community a huge service by exposing how the CDC did a propaganda campaign to label CFS a mental illness so that the government could get out of paying disability claims and medical support. I wrote up some thoughts about the current state of our government who froze funding for CFS research and massively underfunds it versus other viral conditions by 10x. This creates a mentality that by not funding research they are being ethical because they can eliminate waste on CFS patients. This is a self-defeating policy mentality because it prevents us from curing people and getting them off disability. Here's my thread.

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...se-is-unknown-and-this-needs-to-change.90445/