• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Carnitine = more fatigue

bigmillz

@bigmillz
Freddd says that we are more-or-less in 2 camps here. Most of us respond better to LCF but a sizable minority do better with ALCAR.
If you had a (+) response to ALCAR then play around with the dose before you move on. I started on 500 mg and had to cut back to 250 mg of LCF. I do not do well when I take 500 mg like some others. I don' t know whether the 2 forms are equivalent in terms of dosing (suspect they may be) but I would be wiped out if I tried taking a gram a day.

Thanks @stridor ...looking back at my log, I don't think ALCAR did much positive for me, I think it was the residual effects of everything else going well at the time. I seemed to be doing well on LCF so I guess it's back to that, just have to decide on dose.