• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Budwig Protocol - any benefit for ME/CFS?

Violeta

My worst symptom is heart pounding. About 15 mins after eating carbs it increases, peaking at around an hour and tapouring off over the following few hours. Other POTS symptoms increase in this time.

I get this whatever I eat or drink however it is significantly worse with carbs. Thiamine takes the edge off it noticably however it is still there hence I will try mega dosing.
I've never heard of that type of response before, especially since it can be from whatever you eat or drink. I hope you find the cure.

Violeta

@sb4, do you also get any of these symptoms after eating?
These are symptoms from the homeopathic remedy kali carbonicum, which I am looking at to find a remedy for my swollen painful leg.

"-Sensation as if heart were suspended. Palpitation and burning in heart region. Weak, rapid pulse; intermits, due to digestive disturbance. "

sb4

@sb4, do you also get any of these symptoms after eating?
These are symptoms from the homeopathic remedy kali carbonicum, which I am looking at to find a remedy for my swollen painful leg.

"-Sensation as if heart were suspended. Palpitation and burning in heart region. Weak, rapid pulse; intermits, due to digestive disturbance. "
Not really, it is like a strong heavy pounding as though my heart is struggling to pump blood around my body and indeed I have blood pooling in my feet. It is like if you run then stop or get really scared you can feel your heart thumping. However it is not just a minor annoyance. It is painful and also very disabling. Incidentally my cocarboxylase arrived today so I will start megadosing tomorrow. Hopefully this headache will have gone by then.

@Tammy It's from any and all carbs. It increases with the amount of carbs per meal.

Violeta

Not really, it is like a strong heavy pounding as though my heart is struggling to pump blood around my body and indeed I have blood pooling in my feet. It is like if you run then stop or get really scared you can feel your heart thumping. However it is not just a minor annoyance. It is painful and also very disabling. Incidentally my cocarboxylase arrived today so I will start megadosing tomorrow. Hopefully this headache will have gone by then.

@Tammy It's from any and all carbs. It increases with the amount of carbs per meal.
Oh my goodness, that's very scary. Do your feet hurt? Do you know if your body temp is low? I keep seeing thyroid come in my searches.
Here's hoping the cocarboxylase will help.
Is it a coincidence that it has the word carb in it?
I am on my first day without carbs, I had to quit them because my leg hurts so bad. I don't like the idea of doing this, but can't figure out an alternative.

Violeta

@sb4 I found this remedy by looking up heart palpitation aggravated after eating. If you look in the Extremities category, the cold feeling in the feet could be due to poor circulation.

I have to take this remedy all the time, I would like to figure out why I need it, but have been unsuccessful so far.

http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/c/calc.htm

sb4

@Violeta My feet don't hurt. Not sure about my body temp but I feel the systems regulating it are wrong. For example I don't sweat and heat causes my symptoms to be worse. This is probably due to vasodialation. I am fairly certain the heart pounding is compensating for poor blood flow is some way. So I need to fix my autonomic system for it to go away probably.

Violeta

@Violeta My feet don't hurt. Not sure about my body temp but I feel the systems regulating it are wrong. For example I don't sweat and heat causes my symptoms to be worse. This is probably due to vasodialation. I am fairly certain the heart pounding is compensating for poor blood flow is some way. So I need to fix my autonomic system for it to go away probably.

Have you had an luck with the cocarboxylase? I am reading at Dr. Lonsdale's site and someone said that was the only form that helped them.

The digestion causing heart symptoms yes does sound like autonomic system error, do you think it's vagus nerve related?

Edit in: Have you ever experienced sweating from thiamine?

Last edited:

sb4

@Violeta I have been taking Cocarboxylase 25mg x 10, 4 times per day, so 1g total for about 3 days now. Not noticed anything diferent to when I was taking lower dose. I can still tolerate carbs better than I could a few weeks ago with no B1 but it isn't perfect.

Teeth are lucking cleaner thanks to the mannitol and sorbitol in the sublingual.

It could be vagus nerve related but I am certain it is autonomic dysfunction related.

I don't sweat much since getting ill at all and I have not noticed sweating from thiamine.

I plan to keep up the high dose for a couple more days.