• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain capillary leaks

Wishful

https://newatlas.com/medical/new-cause-brain-hemorrhage/

The research is about how RBCs can get stuck in capillaries, resulting in inflammation and leakage. I doubt that it's involved in ME, since AFAIK ME doesn't correlate strongly with age. It is important to understand how this process works, so that when looking for signs of brain abnormalities, they can attribute any abnormalities to the appropriate cause.

Osaca

I would even argue that w.r.t. to correcting for common disease onsets ME is inversely correlated with age (respectively has a similar age distribution as autoimmune diseases such as MS).

I have heard that there’s a few studies currently running for LC focused on vascular aspects that are also looking at microbleeds (employing fMRIs with 3T machines) and are even finding something occasionally. However, even if something were to come out of those studies I expect it'll be hard to untangle whether it's a Covid-19, Long-Covid or just some other arbitrary feature.