• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biohacking

HABS93

This is more of a outside the box view. In silicon valley lots of wealthier people are looking into using devices to monitor there health. Example this chip this guy has will send a text message saying you are sick and reasons why. I wonder in the future we will be able to use this type of technology to figure out why we have CFS/ME or anything like chronic diseases .

Sure, it won't cure the CFS, but I think at times it's a useful way to get some objective feedback. A few things which might be useful are:

1. Oura ring or similar to track sleep

2. CGM (continuous blood glucose meter) to track blood glucose.

3. Heart Rate Variability Monitor

None of these are perfect, but at least they offer some feedback when you try to change diet, supplements, habits etc. I've found that an unexpected bonus of these are that they encourage better lifestyle choices. Myself and others have found that just by tracking blood glucose you end up eating less sugar.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
it won't cure the CFS, but I think at times it's a useful way to get some objective feedback.
Here is another example of an accurate and helpful device that is FDA approved and already used by millions—the Kardia Mobile.

It takes an EKG (which is computer read in real time) and if you are concerned about it (say you have tachycardia and aren’t sure what is happening), you just click on the email symbol and it sends it as a PDF to your doctor. Peace of mind for ME/CFS patients with heart involvement.