• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australia’s NHMRC ME/CFS Advisory Committee releases draft report for public consultation

Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) established an ME/CFS Advisory Committee in late 2017. The terms of reference for the committee were to report to the CEO about:
  1. the status of national and international research into ME/CFS
  2. gaps in research on ME/CFS. This will include but not be limited to research on the immunology, psychology, microbiology and virology of the conditions, as well as any health services research
  3. the status of clinical guidance on ME/CFS available to doctors and health professionals
  4. requirements and opportunities for improved clinical guidance
  5. any other issue on ME/CFS that the NHMRC Chief Executive Officer may request.
The committee’s draft report has now been released for public consultation. Submissions will remain open until Monday February 18, 2019.

The public consultation process seeks responses to two broad questions:

1. Does the report accurately reflect the difficulties and challenges faced by people living with ME/CFS?
2. Do the recommendations in the report address the needs of people with ME/CFS?

The feedback form has subquestions for each of these broad questions, and a word limit for each response.

To provide feedback, you will need to create a login to the NHMRC website. You can save your progress and return to the feedback form at any time.

We hope that many people, including those outside Australia, will read the report and provide feedback.

More details at the link below:
https://consultations.nhmrc.gov.au/public_consultations/mecfs-2019a

Last edited: