• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Artists, Creative people

Hi, I have had CFS for years, xmrv + by culture. A few years ago I wrote a song with CFS and other circumstances in mind . I was wondering if anyone wanted to use the song .... change title, and create a video with a CFS theme. You can listen to the song by searching on You Tube .... T Boyd .... the song is called .. For Some .... I have another site where you can download the song. Please contact me if your interested in the idea, as a vehicle for education and advocacy. Thank you.

One idea I thought of today ....... change the title to CFS = Extreme Exhaustion and Pain for Years ..... with a slide show of photos of people with CFS, and their former occupations listed below the photo. I think someone did a faces of CFS a while ago. Anyway, the song might be to general or not right etc ....... just an idea. Thanks .... Tom

alice1

It's really lovely.I wonder if you could link it here.
I love your friend's voice who accompanies you..you're good together.
Don't change the title it works.
Worth listening to everyone.

Thanks for checking it out Lou, I hope you, and everyone else out there are doing well. I have had CFS for a long time and have never been involved in advocacy, or education. In fact I do my best not to mention CFS to anyone if I can help it ..... which is unfortunate. I am lucky to have the support of family and friends, even if they don't quite understand the illness. I really appreciate the people that devote their time and what little energy they have, trying to help us all. A diagnosis for CFS got off to a very bad start ( starting with the demeaning name ) with the media, government, and health practitioners. Hopefully that will change soon ..... tom