• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone using b12oils?

Kathevans

Finally, if you follow the B12Oils method, you don't need much folate because (according to Greg's research) high folate demand only occurs when B2 isn't in place. I can't confirm that yet, tho so far so good.

I'm wondering if the Folate is just adding to my B2 deficiency. I'm going to try to lower the Folate still more and see if I tolerate the B2 better.

Eyes on you, Johnmac!

And a 'Money' thread?! I hardly dare add up all the money I spend on supps. :eek:

Last edited:

Johnmac

I'm wondering if the Folate is just adding to my B2 deficiency. I'm going to try to lower the Folate still more and see if I tolerate the B2 better.

Eyes on you, Johnmac!

And a 'Money' thread?! I hardly dare add up all the money I spend on supps. :eek:

I spend $2,000 to $3,000 p.a. I'm sure we could all use some help in reducing that bill.

Greg has also been onto me about the number of supplements I buy: he says I don't need so many. I haven't grappled with that one yet.

Not sure of folate adds to B2 deficiency. But B2 deficiency apparently much multiplies folate demand.

Kathevans

Not sure of folate adds to B2 deficiency. But B2 deficiency apparently much multiplies folate demand.

MTHFR, in particular, uses FAD as a cofactor. So, yes, you both get more available folate from using the B2 AND that important gene uses the B2 and therefore leaves you needing more. I think that's it. That would make sense.

garyfritz

cost. That's the primary reason for my 'saintliness'
Me too, and wanting to experiment with higher doses. I've been using 3-4 doses / day of ado/me oil, which works out to about $750/yr for oils alone -- and that's barely enough. I'm not building up any storage of excess B12, possibly because 3 doses/day doesn't give me enough extra to squirrel away. I'm going to ramp up to 2-4x higher doses with the crystals and see if maybe I can start building up my stores a bit.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am doing DIY B12 using a liquid B12. It doesn't take too long to put the b12 on my skin then cover with alcohol followed by skin lotion.
When I recently traveled, I put small dropper bottles of B12 and alcohol and a small bottle of lotion in a storage bad in my purse. I applied it in the bathroom of the train. Working it in when I reached my destination was a little more challenging, but I didn't miss many doses.